Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What should I spend the $20 credit on? :D Any idea about Evo Accessories?

Lol I wish I new! We will have car chargers for $25, and when you buy the phone you can add on a 5-pack of screen protectors for $7. But nothing has been said about phone specific stuff. When we launched the Pre (late admittedly) we had 2 cases and the Touch Stone. Given the credit im hoping they at least match that, if not send us more.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the my forum on RadioShack, to which you replied:

I have been working at RadioShack for 4 years. Since RadioShack is not an insurance agent (or qualified to do so), RadioShack should not add insurance to the phones. Only Sprint should do that.

I understand it is in the SNAP system, but only stores and companies that are qualified to be an insurance agent can add insurance to the phones.

I was told this when I started by my Sprint representative, and always reminded by the District Manager.

I would double check with your DM if I were you.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
That works. It just makes it go allot smoother if we have your billing address and account number for tmobile handy. I cant tell you how many times a port hasn't gone through because we where given a billing address that did not match up exactly with what the previous carrier had on file.

Great, thanks for tips. The guy helped me pre-order last week hasn't mentioned such details about porting. Anything else you will suggest there?

BTW, during the pre-order, I believe i had my credit checked by some phone call(answering a few questions), then had my customer id afterward. So far, i have receipt, gift card, and that customer id number.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
since I too have to be out of town and won't get back till Sunday night, I have a question. Say I go into the store, pre-order under my name as a new customer. Can I send in a relative say mom or dad to pick up the phone for me on Friday or Saturday or would it be best to wait, not pre-order and hope there is still an Evo at my local store on monday?

I cant guarantee that all stores/managers will do this, so check with your store. But if you where my customer, as long as they had your sprint password, and your pre-order receipt + Giftcard, I would have no problems selling it.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the my forum on RadioShack, to which you replied:

I have been working at RadioShack for 4 years. Since RadioShack is not an insurance agent (or qualified to do so), RadioShack should not add insurance to the phones. Only Sprint should do that.

I understand it is in the SNAP system, but only stores and companies that are qualified to be an insurance agent can add insurance to the phones.

I was told this when I started by my Sprint representative, and always reminded by the District Manager.

I would double check with your DM if I were you.

I never said I was adding them in SNAP. All we have to do is call cust support and have them add it, it take 2 minutes. And your commenting on something that isnt even in this thread.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to share some information about EVO 4G accessories RS will sell? I mean, I m very interesting in screen protector, case, and dock. Wondering if you can "leak" some information, if possible, what brand/price for those accessories RS will have on the release date, even pre-order those thing.

I noticed there was someone asked the same question, but just want to know if RS will have something like from ZAGG or etc.

Last edited:

galtish

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Does the $20 accessory credit have to be used the day we pick up the EVO? I'm worried that the only accessories that will be available will be the generic stuff (sd cards, chargers, screen protectors) and none of the stuff made for the EVO that we really want (card dock, home dock, extra battery, cases, etc) will be available.

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I cant guarantee that all stores/managers will do this, so check with your store. But if you where my customer, as long as they had your sprint password, and your pre-order receipt + Giftcard, I would have no problems selling it.

since I would be a brand new customer i would not have a Sprint password, unless I would get that when I pre-order the phone so that would be a problem. I'm thinking that I should be able to get it on monday since i'm in a rural area without a lot of Sprint customers, however that could go the other way meaning not a lot of EVO's sent to the store...

You don't work at the Mt Vernon, IL Radio Shack do ya???? ;);)

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
since I would be a brand new customer i would not have a Sprint password, unless I would get that when I pre-order the phone so that would be a problem. I'm thinking that I should be able to get it on monday since i'm in a rural area without a lot of Sprint customers, however that could go the other way meaning not a lot of EVO's sent to the store...

You don't work at the Mt Vernon, IL Radio Shack do ya???? ;);)

Lol nah im down in Florida. :) But yea, you'll get your password when you pre order. Your account is automatically setup when we run credit (which we have to do to do a pre order), it just wont have any phones on it.

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am a current Sprint customer and have already Pre-ordered and am wondering, will my corporate discount stay in tact, or will I need to resubmit for it, considering its a new activation?

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol nah im down in Florida. :) But yea, you'll get your password when you pre order. Your account is automatically setup when we run credit (which we have to do to do a pre order), it just wont have any phones on it.

OK thanks, I'm planning on going in tomorrow, so I'll check and see. either way I'll want to set up the account, and if by chance they don't allow my mom to get the phone for me, I will be able to use the gift card that is given to me on the phone when I get it, am I correct on that???

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to share some information about EVO 4G accessories RS will sell? I mean, I m very interesting in screen protector, case, and dock. Wondering if you can "leak" some information, if possible, what brand/price for those accessories RS will have on the release date, even pre-order those thing.

Does the $20 accessory credit have to be used the day we pick up the EVO? I'm worried that the only accessories that will be available will be the generic stuff (sd cards, chargers, screen protectors) and none of the stuff made for the EVO that we really want (card dock, home dock, extra battery, cases, etc) will be available.

Honestly I wish I knew more about what stuff we'll be getting. But they never tell us, stuff usually just "shows up". If I find out anything ill let you all know.

But you should be able to take your acc credit as a gift card if you would like.* Most wont tell you this however, as quite frankly we have attach %'s we have to hit. If your Radioshack sales rep treats you well, throw him a bone and at least get some screen protectors, there cheap lol. ;)

*Edit: I feel like I should put a note here. What I should say is we have been able to give out giftcards in the past whenever we have run ecc credit specials. If you look closely at the tags it will even say "Get a $xx gift card for accessory's!". But that doesn't mean Radioshack cant change this policy for this phone, I honestly dont know. Im just going off my past experience.

Last edited:

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am a current Sprint customer and have already Pre-ordered and am wondering, will my corporate discount stay in tact, or will I need to resubmit for it, considering its a new activation?

Yep, it will stay intact. Once a discount is added to the account we cant remove them without calling, so your safe.

OK thanks, I'm planning on going in tomorrow, so I'll check and see. either way I'll want to set up the account, and if by chance they don't allow my mom to get the phone for me, I will be able to use the gift card that is given to me on the phone when I get it, am I correct on that???

Yes, if you dont make the launch it just becomes a normal RS $50 giftcard, to be used on anything.

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks, you've helped me out alot!

oh and IMO RS is kicking some serious azz with including the $20 accessory discount with the pre-order.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I wish I knew more about what stuff we'll be getting. But they never tell us, stuff usually just "shows up". If I find out anything ill let you all know.

But you should be able to take your acc credit as a gift card if you would like. Most wont tell you this however, as quite frankly we have attach %'s we have to hit. If your Radioshack sales rep treats you well, throw him a bone and at least get some screen protectors, there cheap lol. ;)

Wow, sounds you are so honest to us. I didnt realize that I can take $20 gift card for those credit, but it does sound good idea, i cant have something to pick up in the store at that day.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My RadioShack EVO preorder went well. Here are some things:

1) You're guaranteed one if you preorder, manager told me they'd have "plenty", no shortages with this phone like others (i.e. the Palm Pre).

2) You have to pick up your EVO on the 4th or the 5th, they can't hold preorders after that.

3) If you change your mind, the $50 gift card isn't refundable (but of course you can use it towards anything else in the store)

Used to work for RS a few years ago, go preorder! They're good people over there.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

They have to sign the contract when the pick up the phone. So no, this is not allowed. As you say, it is up to the person doing it, but I recommend not risking your job over it.

(I'm a Shack manager ;) )

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
20$ accessory credits are to be used at time of purchase and not as a discount on devices or gift cards. Loss Prevention monitors such activities.

Essentially buy the 20$ car charger they sell (There are 3 brands in Shacks, Igo and a 20 or 25$ one (uSB and no usb alt power sourced)

I know we've strictly been told in the past no gift cards.

The bottom line is they do it to raise attach rates. Higher attach = higher profits.

Its your goal as the customer who is cheap (Lets face it thats why you goto Bestbuy or Shack) to get as close to that 20 mark as possible.

Buy the charger and return it for a different item a week later when they come in.

(I really doubt we'll get the real items in time with the previous track records.)

annnnnd for the bad news:

Hi all! Im a Radio Shack associate, have been for 2 years. Just like everyone here im super stoked about this phone; cant wait to ditch my Tour! ;)

Sprint employee, Radioshack or any other 3rd party lines are NOT authorized to enable ESNs from the EVO for a limited time basis.

Just like the Samsung INstinct and Palm Pre.

It could be a month, it could be 4 months like the instinct had.

It certainly wont be allowed in the first few weeks.

Sorry for that bad news.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
They have to sign the contract when the pick up the phone. So no, this is not allowed. As you say, it is up to the person doing it, but I recommend not risking your job over it.

(I'm a Shack manager ;) )

Crap, your right. Its late, I didn't even think about the contract signing. But yes, the account holder does have to be the one to sign the contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali