Can no longer receive Emails

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
It's my parents who are experiencing this problem. My dad has a rooted EVO (using MikG's 3.0 ROM) and my mom an unrooted Samsung Epic. A few days ago their ability to receive Emails suddenly stopped, and they've been unable to fix the problem. I've walked through some possible troubleshooting attempts, but so far, no luck.

They both have a Comcast.net Email address as their primary accounts (so hopefully no one will suggest they use another Email provider--although both their gmail accounts are fine and still sync).

My mom uses K9 Email. She can send but cannot receive anything. My dad uses the stock Email app. My dad tried updating his profile and his PRL, but when he tried, he got the "Error Code 1012" message. He also deleted his EMail account and then re-entered it, but when he tried, it comes back with the message it has been giving him for 2 days: "Unable to connect to your Email server." Considering that my sister lives with the folks and she has a rooted EVO and has no problem with her Comcast.net Email account, I know the issue isn't some kind of signal problem.

One of my accounts is a Comcast.net Email account, so I verified his settings for the Incoming server, which seems to be the issue here, are correct. They're the same as mine in terms of incoming server, port, etc.

I'm stuck at what to next try with him (and eventually my mom). It can't be a coincidence that both of them, Comcast users, are experiencing the exact problem.

Any recommendations?

scottw911

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It's my parents who are experiencing this problem. My dad has a rooted EVO (using MikG's 3.0 ROM) and my mom an unrooted Samsung Epic. A few days ago their ability to receive Emails suddenly stopped, and they've been unable to fix the problem. I've walked through some possible troubleshooting attempts, but so far, no luck.

They both have a Comcast.net Email address as their primary accounts (so hopefully no one will suggest they use another Email provider--although both their gmail accounts are fine and still sync).

My mom uses K9 Email. She can send but cannot receive anything. My dad uses the stock Email app. My dad tried updating his profile and his PRL, but when he tried, he got the "Error Code 1012" message. He also deleted his EMail account and then re-entered it, but when he tried, it comes back with the message it has been giving him for 2 days: "Unable to connect to your Email server." Considering that my sister lives with the folks and she has a rooted EVO and has no problem with her Comcast.net Email account, I know the issue isn't some kind of signal problem.

One of my accounts is a Comcast.net Email account, so I verified his settings for the Incoming server, which seems to be the issue here, are correct. They're the same as mine in terms of incoming server, port, etc.

I'm stuck at what to next try with him (and eventually my mom). It can't be a coincidence that both of them, Comcast users, are experiencing the exact problem.

Any recommendations?
Yes, it can be a coincidence. We have 7 different addresses with Cox, all on one account. They all stopped working. It took Cox resetting the address to get them to work. Try calling Comcast tech support for this one.

It would be a bigger coincidence that 2 different phone (different manufacturers, too) would break their emails simultaneously.