Battery Issues when taking off charger

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys, I am starting to get a little frustrated! So has anyone else experienced this.. This is my second morning now of removing the phone off the charger from charging it overnight and it saying fully charged 100% and then within like 5 mins or so it drops to like 89% without me barely doing anything and then I look at battery usage and it shows Android system at 57%. I don't know what to do, I have done the task killer and stuff, for the most part the rest of the day its fine, but why is it dropping so fast to start with? I'm wondering if its because once the battery is fully charged its stops charging, but i don't know any help would be appreciated!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a software thing. When the battery is fully charged, the system is only interpreting it at 90%.

As long as it doesn't drop to 80% in 5 more minutes, it's normal for the time being.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys, I am starting to get a little frustrated! So has anyone else experienced this.. This is my second morning now of removing the phone off the charger from charging it overnight and it saying fully charged 100% and then within like 5 mins or so it drops to like 89% without me barely doing anything and then I look at battery usage and it shows Android system at 57%. I don't know what to do, I have done the task killer and stuff, for the most part the rest of the day its fine, but why is it dropping so fast to start with? I'm wondering if its because once the battery is fully charged its stops charging, but i don't know any help would be appreciated!

I am going to venture out and say its your task killer app. There have been many reports that say task killers actually drain the battery faster. I have yet to have any issues as you describe above so i would recommend uninstalling that and seeing if that helps. Also follow the rest of the procedures with battery saving tips at all times even when on the charger (brightness, wifi, no gps, etc..) will only help you - my battery thus far has been hanging in there for well over 10hrs before i get the low notice

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
There are some tips in the forums to turn off things you dont use. I have turned off:
GPS
Wifi
4G
Logged out of google talk
turned off location services etc

If Im not using these then i feel they shouldnt run. Seeing how long battery lasts today. Made it from 5am yesterday to 9pm last night with moderate usage.

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine drops from 100% to 94-92% in about 5 minutes but then acts normally after that. I just contribute it to my battery not being calibrated.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I was having very similar issues too,i think its either the task manager doing this or its some of the apps I downloaded, lets hope its a simple fix

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've read that the GPS doesn't use juice if no apps are using the GPS...?

There are some apps that call the GPS at random intervals, like the weather app. The GPS does sleep when it is not being used though, look for the GPS signal in the notifications bar to see when it's in use.