Does anyone have EVO's in stock...anywhere?

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm really surprised Sprint only had 150K available for launch. Sprint investors must be pissed they only ordered that many. Maybe HTC had manufacturing constraints but 150K seems low. Palm Pre was able to manufacture 15K a day at peak, I'd think HTC could do more than that.

If Sprint would have ordered 500K for day 1, the would have sold them in a couple months if it ended only being only somewhat popular. Big mistake.

AkaYaReal

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you - was hesitant to give up the Pre, didn't think the Evo would be this sold out. What frustrates me the most is that every Sprint store or Radioshack in my area of Brooklyn seems to have employees with a fifth grade reading/writing level, and an all around lack of politeness. I'm reaching my limit on how many "huhhh?"s I can listen to from these people, instead of "excuse me?"s. Off topic, but having been calling almost as many stores as you, it's become a serious peeve of mine!

I'm on a waiting list at the nearest Sprint store, but I have no idea where on the list I am. Anyone know if they get shipments in on Saturdays?

Not much better here in the Bronx when it comes down to how they are on the phone. Ive always had better results with my 3rd party Sprint store that is much more helpful and usually go out of their way to make sure your satisfied. The only problem is they said they wont get their 1st shipment until the 16th and Im sure they will be sold out within a hour or so.

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The original Sprint store I was waitlisted at still doesn't have any in stock one week after launch. I wound up calling three or four places on Tuesday before finding one that had received a couple of them, and driving out there with a quickness to get mine.

I don't know if Sprint can afford these shortages with the next iPhone right around the corner.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if Sprint can afford these shortages with the next iPhone right around the corner.

If someone wants an iphone, they will get it. The shortages are to be expected, since Sprint/HTC was aware there will be a demand, but not sure of the scope.

Just because there is a slight delay will not have people running to ATT just because Sprint doesn't have stock.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
None in the small village of Sioux Falls, SD! The "Sprint" store (owned by Swiftel) said they won't have any until August :eek: (yeah, they have no clue) and Best Buy has a huge waiting list... In fact, I never got my call from BB about getting a Pre I was on a list for back in June of 09 :p

I was going to pull the trigger on Thursday when Sprint had some in stock, but I had something come up at work, then I had to do a 1 hour live shift on our rock station (I work in radio production) so by time I got back to a computer to order it, the Evo was sold out.

I'm going to keep an eye out on Sprint dot com since I want to charge the phone to my account, pay 100 for 2 months, then the rest once I get my rebate back. :cool:

Everyone wins.. I get a new toy to keep me busy for the next year to see how I like Android, of if I go back to webOS (1 week after launch day owner) and my wife gets my Pre! In fact she wants me to get the Evo so she can dump her Samsung Exclaim

slschmidt76

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was reluctant to get an EVO and give up my Pre. I finally decided to try to have both.

So starting Friday morning (launch day), I started calling every Sprint, Radio Shack, and Best Buy in my suburbs.

There was not one EVO to be found anywhere.

The manager at the local Best Buy said that they had 60 EVO's on-hand to fulfill pre-orders on Friday. All were gone Friday. They got in about 30 more and still have 30 pre-orders to fill before they can get to the 50 rain checks. The inventory at other stores was about the same units sold and no Best Buy has any in stock and they are sold out online. She said that she could have sold another 50 a day if she had them in stock and that this is a far bigger demand than any iPhone.

1,100 Best Buys x 80 each plus online sales is 100,000 EVO's first week?

Radio Shack is completely sold out in all stores. A manager told me that they all got about 20-30 initially and about 10 more this week.

6,000 Radio Shacks x 30 = 180,000 EVO's first week?

The Corporate Sprint stores all seem to have gotten about 30-50 initially and 10 in reorders. The Sprint dealer stores got 20 + 10.

22,000 Sprint Stores x 35 + 800 number + online = 800,000 first week?

So a million EVO's first week?

Every store is out and seems to have a wait list of 10 - 40 right now.

Time to bite the bullet and call the Sprint 800 number?

WOW! I can't believe Sprint's website is sold out again! I just purchased 2 evo's yesterday from Sprint's website. Anyway...Ebay has ton's of evo's for sale.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Here is what boggles me.

Sprint and HTC said they were "Ramping up production" so they would have enough for sales. So the EVO wouldnt go down like the Pre did. Obviously they did not make enough !

My local Sprint Corp store got 100 units in , by 7pm they were all gone. 30 were sold within the first hour. The rep said at 10am they got flooded with a mass of people. He stated some waited almost 4hrs for the EVO !

I guess they never expected demand to be so high !

I hope this doesn't discourage anybody to sway somewhere else, aka the Apple Dictatorship of Lord Jobs.

Last edited:

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is actually playing it cool this time around. With daily deliveries to many stores, they have the benefit of "selling out" again day after day, only to be refreshed again the next morning. If you can't find an EVO, try again tomorrow or better yet, get on a waitlist at corporate store. You won't have to wait long, I promise.

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Stopped in my sprint store today, the girl almost sold me one and than went back to ask the manager and the ****wad told her no. They asked if I wanted to get on the waiting list so I told them no if I have to order one I will order it from best buy. Thought that would make them cave in but it didn't work.

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If someone wants an iphone, they will get it. The shortages are to be expected, since Sprint/HTC was aware there will be a demand, but not sure of the scope.

Just because there is a slight delay will not have people running to ATT just because Sprint doesn't have stock.

You have more faith than I do that the average user
isn't a mindless rube who will fall for Apple's flashy ad blitz regardless of how much extra they'll be paying for it with AT&T.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine from Best Buy about an hour ago! I can't put this thing down! Im syncing with double twist right now
Why? Why? For the love of all that is righteous, why?

I called 33 stores today. Very nice people at Best Buy, Sprint Corporate, Radioshack, 3rd Party Sprint Stores, Wal-Mart, and Sam's who checked stocks at other stores and there are just no EVO's in Chicagoland.

Does anyone know of any store in Chicagoland with an EVO?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Why? Why? For the love of all that is righteous, why?

I called 33 stores today. Very nice people at Best Buy, Sprint Corporate, Radioshack, 3rd Party Sprint Stores, Wal-Mart, and Sam's who checked stocks at other stores and there are just no EVO's in Chicagoland.

Does anyone know of any store in Chicagoland with an EVO?

Mine was a second batch recorder at the bloomingdale best buy. Call them in the morning but idk if they'll have it.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it sucks I preordered before it came our and I still had to wait. I was #4 on that list so they called me early and was there in 15 min but bloomingdale best buy is always cool to me.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was having a conversation with someone else, and I came to the conclusion that there are three types of people in the world: iPhone people, Blackberry people, and everyone else. People who want an iPhone will get an iPhone. Period. It doesn't matter what Android comes up with, it will never be as simple and straight forward as iOS. You have to WANT to pay AT&T's prices and deal with the issues (assuming you have them. Not everyone with an iPhone has data/voice problems). That's premeditated, not impulse. You want an Evo, you wait for the Evo. I'm sure HTC is pumping them (and the Incredible) out as fast as they can.