Getting hot and draining battery

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have the Evo in your pocket and you are lying on the couch and it doesnt get signal, (leg covering it up) it burns through the battery in just over an hour and it is hot.

I am guessing that is is constantly looking for a cell signal. Can that be adjusted somehow? Everyday I find something that makes me miss my dependable iPhone. Did I make a mistake getting 2 Evos?

Please help, on the fence to return these things but addicted to the screen size.

Thanks.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If you do not have cell service of course it will waste the battery searching for a signal. Why not just take it out of your pocket?

ksuwald

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't even make it more than 5hrs without my battery dying. And that's with minimum usage. No live wallpapers, 4g, wifi all turned off. I went out today at about 12:30pm and by 5:00pm my battery was dead.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I can't even make it more than 5hrs without my battery dying. And that's with minimum usage. No live wallpapers, 4g, wifi all turned off. I went out today at about 12:30pm and by 5:00pm my battery was dead.

Wow something is running, I fully charged mine before bed last night and then I unplugged it to see what it would drain over night. I was at 93% after 9 hours.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I turned off Qik yesterday and both phones are still pretty full today. I looking into Qiks settings today and found it updates every 15 min by default. I hope that is what is killing me.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned off Qik yesterday and both phones are still pretty full today. I looking into Qiks settings today and found it updates every 15 min by default. I hope that is what is killing me.

glad you found it. best practice is to shut it off if you aren't using it or don't need it.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have the Evo in your pocket and you are lying on the couch and it doesnt get signal, (leg covering it up) it burns through the battery in just over an hour and it is hot.

I am guessing that is is constantly looking for a cell signal. Can that be adjusted somehow? Everyday I find something that makes me miss my dependable iPhone. Did I make a mistake getting 2 Evos?

Please help, on the fence to return these things but addicted to the screen size.

Thanks.

Who puts their cell phone in their back pocket? Unless of course you fell asleep laying on your stomach?

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pwnst_R--It was in her left front pocket and she was on her side sleeping. Leg covered it up and she woke up because it was so hot on her leg. :O)

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats odd, because every new phone I have purchased over the last several years had an auto off feature where if it can't find a signal it automatically shuts off and or stops searching for said signal after 10-15 min. Does the EVO not have this feature?

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Good questions Brett. I have not found a setting for that.

Instead of using a task killer, I am watching my running applications and everytime I see something different on the list, I track it down to see if it has a sync type setting and check that I like the frequency that it syncs.