I love My Evo!!

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you read right, this is a praise thread not a hater, I have issues thread!

If the weekend wasn't enough for me to say how much I love the new tech (did about a 20 min Fring - Skype PC call to a friend across town) that i don't get to see that often and had my entire family with me outside by the pool all video chatting with her!

Than there was work today, had some down time, never really tried out Sprint TV being i have poor service in my job location but always are in wifi in the building and some how some way picked up a decent signal to stream the USA - Algeria game for like a half hour! It was great had some co-workers ooohing and ahhhing asking me what kind of phone i was using! :cool:

Just as my luck has it though i missed the goal by like 5 minutes, would have been great to catch that on the mobile -

Don't you just love those days! :D

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anybody reading any forum or message board must know that those with problems are the vocal minority. And really...that applies to anthing.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not only do I love my Evo but I have been thinking about the other phones out now or will be out like the htc aria, droid x and iphone 4 and can't help to think the Evo is so much better, asia looking like a smaller cheaper version of the evo, droid x not having a front facing camera? And the iphone well its att and not my style and had its limitations .. I can't wait to see what the future hold for mobile tech but for now I think the evo settles my crave for a new phone/gadget for this year anyway lol

saulleibow

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
EVo = Smartphone Heaven

I've had my EVo for almost 3 weeks and all I can say is ..WOW !!!! Came from a BB 8330 that will be 2 years this December and in comparison it almost seems like going from an abbacus to the first calculator. I am blown away by the Android Market Place, the speed of the processor, the clarity of the screen, the ingenuity of the operating system (and an even better one is jsut around the corner). This is truly a hand held calculator, I can only imagine what is around the corner. By the way, as the battery has "aged ' I have noticed it is holding a charge much longer.

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have found that this forum before the phone came out was filled with positive people looking forward to this phone, I understand the Vocal Minority with problems are the ones posting most commonly, but really what happened to just helping eachother out not bashing this phone or that phone because it has/had this or that problem the fact is if you dont like it or your going to return it you dont have to post it here do what works best for you and makes you happy but why take 10 min to say i am taking my Evo back other than trying to start a fight or argument. I began by just watching this forum to learn what I was getting and just had to post when i saw the phone in the wild before released, now i come here and just see hate and anger over a phone and how what you have or are getting is so much better, if what you have or are getting is better post you love on there forum lets get back to helping out those that need it and eachother. I dont mean to rant but I am losing faith in androidcentral forums.

Sorry for bad spelling puncuation and run on sentances.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well again...folks who are happy and have no issues will post less and less. It's those with issues that come here for help and thus raise those issues making the device look as it's lacking on many fronts. As it goes with pretty much anything, there will be issues but it isn't like all problems are prevalent on each and every device. There are some exceptions where it's a platform problem which affects all devices untill there's some sort of firmware fix.

Those that wish to ditch the Evo or anything for that matter are setting themselves up for perpetual dissatisfaction as problems, as aforementioned, are a part of life and regarding technology...the same applies. Gotta take the good with the bad. ;)

RedhddOne

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am totally head over heels in love with my "Emo" EVO!!! :D He is everything I could of ever asked for in a phone. I was really worried about not having a physical keyboard, however, I don't even MISS the keyboard. Touch/swype is the way to go and with the GIANT screen it makes it that much easier.

I had a couple of battery issues to start, but did some of the tricks/techniques and things are better. It would totally help if I didn't touch it alllllll the time! :D

So add me to the list:

I LOVE MY EVO!!!

johnjbrock

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Love the thread.

Seriously though, every friend I see that I havent seen since June 4th gets the check this Sh*t out presentation. Ever since I got my Evo, all of our conversations have been about me selling them on an evo. I feel bad for my friends but shoot, this is one sexy phone and as a good friend, I am obliged to share cool things with them.

And the favorite comment to bring up amongst friends with iphone. Droid Does...

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love this device! even with the minor issues, it's an AMAZING device. All my friends with their new iPhones arriving today still say how amazing my screen is and wish they had that on their phone. Not to mention I get a nice treat of a sporadic 4G signal every now and then at work.

The speed of the device is by far the best experience I've had on any mobile device I've ever owned. Along with being able to take good quality videos of my daughter and share them easily and almost instantly with our family that we rarely get a chance to visit. No way I'm ever going back to a phone with anything less than a 4" screen.

Jetdr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife of 30+ years is starting to get worried!!! Do I LOVE my EVO? Absolutly!!! Rooted running RvU and it's AWSOME

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cant really mess with the specs. I like how that a4 chip has a ? next to it. just saying this pic for all the hater. once they start talking smack i will upload

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Ive had mine since launch and with only a minor issue with the screen lifting in the lower left corner(very minor) this phone has been everything I thought it would be. LOVE MY DAMN EVO!

CallWhy816

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I had a crowd around my desk today to watch the soccer game today as well. It got a little loud after the 91 minute goal!

4G is awesome, and it's night and day than watching stuff in 3G.

Love this phone!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cant really mess with the specs. I like how that a4 chip has a ? next to it. just saying this pic for all the hater. once they start talking smack i will upload

If you look at the chart your basically looking at almost identical devices for the most part. Some have slightly better specs here and there but it's honestly a wash up and down.

Any one who bashes one or the other is really not looking at it with an open mind.

I was an iPhone user for 2 years. Pretty good phone and platform. AT&T sucked for me, I couldn't wait to get away. Coming from the iPhone I really felt at home with Android... It's very similar in a lot of ways but better in more ways that I thought. I think HTC is making some of the best hardware in the world right now.

I love the option of customizing with Android.. It makes life a lot more fun and gives the user a lot of control over their experience vs living with what Apple thinks your experience should be. I couldn't go back now, but I think the new iPhone 4 Specs are promising.. Apple still has too much control.

I agree with Raf.... If they sold 500,000 EVO's and say 10,000 are having problems.... your going to hear a lot more from the 10,000 with problems vs the 490,000 who don't have a problem. I like to hear what other people have problems with and then check my phone to see if they compare.. So far I have no real issues...

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I love mine too.. just wish there were some decent/quality accessories available..

With the recent problems in Seidio cases, there really is no solid quality option for a case. Let alone still no power case for all the super-heavy battery users out there.

One of the cool things about the iPhone, and don't bash me for this, but there are thousands of good cases for the phone. Right now for the Evo, its like Seidio(which as I mentioned has ran into some phone scratching problems), and then a bunch of low/no name crappy case makers... :(