I think it's my phone that is a TARDIS....Texting messages from the future

Saphira

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I think we've figured out it's my phone, but the time stamp on incoming messages is a few hours ahead. (stock message app) Since outgoing is showing real time it makes it hard to read. I've turned my phone off and did a battery pull, but that didn't fix anything.

I would like a fix because my son and husband are starting to complain that I need to share the TARDIS with them.

I do have one of those things in the house to help with reception, could this be causing the problem?

Saphira

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
thank you so much tube that app fixed it.

I did find it kinda funny that my cell phone was "traveling in time". But I guess there aren't a whole lot of Dr. Who fans around.

fallenzen

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Actually, funny enough... I've discovered this thread on account of the same (previously) mysterious time-traveling text bug.
.... Aaaaand, I've themed my S3 so entirely that my ROM is the blue-on-black rendition of Wicked X 8, the splash screen's a blue tinted black hole, the startup animation is the TARDIS flying through a vortex, from the intro to series 7 I think, and my background and lockscreens are a dark blue TARDIS image that strikes me as slightly reminiscent of Da Vinci's Vitruvien Man for some reason... No ****. The best part is that I assembled the theme before discovering this temporal timestamp trickery!

For a brief instant, my imagination giggled gleefully as it insisted I had just somehow managed to create my own pint-sized pan-galactic police box...

-Zen

Edit: I just noted the date of THIS post... Pardon the necromancy on this one, please. My being a bit behind the times, aside: This one was too good to resist sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana