EVO freezes when returning to home

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a couple issues lately and I'm hoping I'm not alone.

About 4-5 times now I've either been trying to answer a phone call or ending a phone call and then when the phone app closes doodle jump is on the high score screen, despite not having been playing it before or during the call. when I try to return to the home screen it hangs on loading for about 10-15 seconds like its reloading the sense ui.

This is different from the standard "random reboots" that others are having but I've also had 1-2 of those.

I'm running a non-rooted evo with "Task manager" installed but not auto killing. No 3rd part widgets or friends flow.

Thoughts?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you.
You can always uninstall doodle jump and install it again.

If anything, backup your contacts via google... and backup your most used apps via astro file manager or the like.
Then do a full wipe, which doesn't that long.

Hitting the home button should get you back to your homescreen instantly.... like split second.
My guess is that the HTC Sense malfunctioned between the time you activated it and got home...
The Evo doesn't really hang. It shouldn't lag when you press the buttons at the bottom. Each one is instant (except bringing up a new/different keyboard, which can take 1-2 seconds).

If that doesn't help, you could take it to the store or call Sprint.
Sprint's really good about returns.

I'm not going to bash on the Epic or other Galaxy S models, but you seem to just have a problematic Evo.
Keep us updated, even if you go to the Epic.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sure sounds like it's more likely a doodle jump problem than an Evo problem. I'd suggest uninstalling doodle jump would be the very first thing to try. Even before posting here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non