Damage from Amzer snap on cover

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Boys, break it up....lol

Gekko, you do have a bit of uppity to your posts. You are probably young... you'll learn one day that being uppity doesn't get you far, and no one likes a snob. Just be kind. :)

Everyone else, thanks for the support - and the suggestions. I actually love my phone caseless and this cover is not a "case" that offers protection other than from scratches. If you were to drop it, the case would snap off and the phone would bounce. Not well, I might add. Before this cover, I had the Sprint "Stormtrooper" looking white and chrome case and dropped my Evo. The case was all, "I'm outta here" and fell off, leaving the Evo to become damaged on the corner. (FYI, my phone was placed in my bag by someone else, and I was appreciative for the help so I didn't check to make sure it was secure, it then slid out of my bag and hit the concrete.)

Luckily for me, the phone is being replaced Monday because of dust under the screen so I'm not terribly concerned but I won't be using the Amzer on the new one.

I don't like the Seidio case even if it's marshmallowy soft inside, it's too much. I like the phone bare and I'm usually very very careful with my phones so I may just use the leather slip pouch type of solution.

Again, I shared so you could all see what can happen - not to be judged on how much I do or don't spend on my cases, or to start any fights.

Just us Boys being Boys EVO_girl......

Good luck on your new phone.. Be more careful this time around... lol

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL Robbie, I see that! and I will, no worries about that..

Hey since you got brave on Froyo early, have you rooted yet?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL Robbie, I see that! and I will, no worries about that..

Hey since you got brave on Froyo early, have you rooted yet?

No have not rooted yet.. You?

I have checked out a few of the ROM's online but it's a big jump for me. lol.. I was nervous enough on the stock Froyo ROM, Rooting will really drive me up the wall..

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
1. read her original post, genius.
2. don't expect Lexus quality for VW pricing.
ROTFLMAO! You really blew your credibility there bucko. I have been in the automotive industry for many years (most of it with Toyota in the early years, late 70's to early 90's), and have been racing sports cars since 1974 in SCCA. Lexus is high end Toyota yes, but does not compare to quality German cars. And just wait till you see the all new 2011 VW Jetta! You can now get almost an Audi A4 type car for as little as $17K. And Lexus has nothing near my R32, with AWD, DSG trans, 250+ HP, solid body construction (not built from recycled Pepsi cans hehe), and an interior that has always been rated tops in its class by every automotive magazine. Oh, and not to mention - VW/Porsche/Audi do NOT have that weird "cruise control" problem (defective gas pedals) that causes accidents. I think EVO-girl hit the nail on the head, your youthfulness is showing.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No have not rooted yet.. You?

I have checked out a few of the ROM's online but it's a big jump for me. lol.. I was nervous enough on the stock Froyo ROM, Rooting will really drive me up the wall..

Haha, I'm just as nervous so no root for me... Once Unrevoked has it worked out, I might though :)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I'm just as nervous so no root for me... Once Unrevoked has it worked out, I might though :)

Yeah, I look at the different ROM's out there and there is always this or that, that does not work. They all claim to be pretty "Stable" and it seems a lot of people do it but your not talking about a cheap piece of hardware.

I'd screw it up and have to go find a new EVO.. If your trading yours in for a new one you should go for it any way.. What do you have to lose? You can test it out and tell me how it went????

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ha! we're not talking about cheap hardware, but in this thread, apparently we're talking about cheap accessories?! lol...

I did think about that and considered it, but I don't want to - LOL! I have a friend who did it, he said it was easy once you got into it... I'm just a chicken!

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I take insurance claims... and I'm sure that company has insurance for product liability claims. I would contact them and ask them to replace the phone or pay the deductible for your phone to be replaced or you will file a small claim for the 500ish dollars. They won't show up because it will be more to defend than to pay and you will win in default.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
ROTFLMAO! You really blew your credibility there bucko. I have been in the automotive industry for many years (most of it with Toyota in the early years, late 70's to early 90's), and have been racing sports cars since 1974 in SCCA. Lexus is high end Toyota yes, but does not compare to quality German cars. And just wait till you see the all new 2011 VW Jetta! You can now get almost an Audi A4 type car for as little as $17K. And Lexus has nothing near my R32, with AWD, DSG trans, 250+ HP, solid body construction (not built from recycled Pepsi cans hehe), and an interior that has always been rated tops in its class by every automotive magazine. Oh, and not to mention - VW/Porsche/Audi do NOT have that weird "cruise control" problem (defective gas pedals) that causes accidents. I think EVO-girl hit the nail on the head, your youthfulness is showing.

hey grandpa - Lexus/Toyota has consistently ranked at the top of all quality and durability and reliability studies for the last 15+ years.

i'll take the Japanese on their worst day for quality over the Germans on their best day.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I take insurance claims... and I'm sure that company has insurance for product liability claims. I would contact them and ask them to replace the phone or pay the deductible for your phone to be replaced or you will file a small claim for the 500ish dollars. They won't show up because it will be more to defend than to pay and you will win in default.

Thanks pjwatson! I will consider that, I appreciate you posting!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
hey grandpa - Lexus/Toyota has consistently ranked at the top of all quality and durability and reliability studies for the last 15+ years.

i'll take the Japanese on their worst day for quality over the Germans on their best day.

I would take a Benz over a Lexus any day.......

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

And consistently ranked #1 as the most BORING cars to own or drive. By the way, how is your gas pedal? Hit any walls or other cars lately? :p

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha, thanks! I love the color!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

63cabb3a-1d89-7fac.jpg

63cabb3a-1dc7-1e53.jpg

As you can see, a fairly close match :)

63cabb3a-1e65-0b04.jpg