Damage from Amzer snap on cover

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow... This was helpful.... LOL

Cases help keep the lens from resting on surfaces... Maybe try a gel skin case? Clean it periodically inside and outside... Like I do... Mine is pristine...

I have had my EVO since June 4 with no case at all and there are no scratches on the lens cover... The actual lens is well protected under the back plate. If you set your phone down on a table (with out a case) the phone rest on the metal ring around the lens cover....

To get to the lens you would have to have the back plate off and then slide it around on a table or hard rough surface to scratch it up...

I use the Zagg full body skin minus the screen protector just to keep it looking good and original.. Has worked out great 3 months in.... 9 more months and I am 99.9999% sure I will be trading up for what ever is the newest and greatest phone on the market...

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the damage done, for I too love to keep my things as near new as possible. I feel every ding or stone chip on my car, as an example.

And while on the subject of matching your nail polish (which I like yours by the way, hehe) you should go buy a Subaru WRX or STi, or a VW R32 (like mine). They have a color that should match quite well ;) While at, of all places, a Shell mini-mart the other week, I seen they had accessories for the EVO. I bought a no-name brand cover like the Amzur one for $9, and it matches the color of my car. I have had it on and off a number of times (no felt inside, just bare), but not one scratch yet

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen to my iPhone once. Never again will I put a hard case on my phone. I have found the magnificence of a leather pouch. I keep my EVO baked while I am using it. I don't even use a screen protector. And when it is not being used, I out it in the leather pouch. No worries and no scratches.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
you buy cheap - you get cheap.

this is why i stick with high quality cases. i'm willing to pay more for quality.

i have this Seidio case and i love it. perhaps you can buy it to cover up the defects?

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase Active Case for HTC EVO 4G - Limited Edition: Cell Phones & Service

or perhaps this one which is kind of girly and will match your nail polish -

Innocase Active For use with HTC EVO 4G - Sapphire Blue

....... Your Rude Biased and Ignorant and Stereotyping on such a irrelevant topic..how LATE - on other notes regardless to price and quality it shouldn't matter a COMPANY should stand by their product regardless to its marginal value! #GetaClue
good luck.

Your Rude Biased and Ignorant and Stereotyping on such a irrelevant topic..how LATE - on other notes regardless to price and quality it shouldn't matter a COMPANY should stand by their product regardless to its marginal value! #GetaClue

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always put some kind of case on my phones. My Palm Pre was the exception, otherwise I always had SOMETHING on it. Plastic, rubber, whatever. I've seen what happens when a phone drops. Say what you will, a case offers SOME form of protection. That being said, with the Evo I've tried a few different cases. The combination I've settled on was the full body protectors from BodyGuardz (I don't like the way the Zagg products feel), and then I got a Barely There case for a little "added" protection. The combination doesn't add a lot of weight, and considering my phone has fallen off of a table and has flown out of my hand a hit the wall (don't ask) with NO damage to it, I'm pretty happy with it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Your Rude Biased and Ignorant and Stereotyping on such a irrelevant topic..how LATE - on other notes regardless to price and quality it shouldn't matter a COMPANY should stand by their product regardless to its marginal value! #GetaClue

1. read her original post, genius.
2. don't expect Lexus quality for VW pricing.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
1. read her original post, genius.
2. don't expect Lexus quality for VW pricing.

Her original post says nothing about the case being cheap..... It just says Amzer Snap on case and they make several different ones ranging in price from $12.95 to 24.95...

So your flat out ASSUMING she purchased the cheapest one on the page.

You always assume in most of your post... The other day when people were posting about charging problems via the Micro USB you made comments about people using "CHEAP" cables and started assuming user error (which 90% of the time I agree user error is the cause of most problems with higher tech electronics.. I use to repair computers at Office Depot and easily 90% of them there was nothing wrong people just didn't know how to use them)

Well I had the charging problem via my USB and I only use the cable that came with the phone. Geek Squad at best buy tried several different cables and they couldn't get it to work and the problem went away after a couple of days and no problems since, and several other people replied to your assumption of cheap cables that we were all using the cable that came with the phone.

It's one thing to suggest a case you may of had good luck with.... Suggest and then maybe for once "ASK" exactly which case she has or purchased and go from there..... Actual $$$ amount has nothing to do with expensive or cheap. Not to mention your basically saying a Lexus is a hell of a lot better than a VW.. There are some high end VW's that are not cheap at all... VW's range from $17k to $44k..... Neither of which is really CHEAP!!!!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. i understood the accusation of "stereotyping" was dude to the comments about "girly" and "nail polish" which was referenced in the OP.
2. cheap is cheap and Amzer is CHEAP.
3. VW makes junk.

any other questions?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
1. i understood the accusation of "stereotyping" was dude to the comments about "girly" and "nail polish" which was referenced in the OP.
3. VW makes junk.

any other questions?

I have one: Why are you so angry?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
3. VW makes junk.

any other questions?

I don't drive a VW so I can't comment.... They look nice (The new ones at least) Lexus is just a Toyota with a few extra's... The body, drive train and every thing else is pure Toyota.... Can't really comment on Amzer because again never had one.. But you must have went the cheap route before to know that Amzer is cheap.

You stereotype every thing.

Volkswagon also makes Audi (Volkswagens Lexus Line), Owns Bentley Motors, Bugatti Automobiles and Lambroghini..... All very cheap junk cars....

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i tried to help her by giving her the two links. a new battery cover from ebay and a quality case from Seidio should help.

IMO Amzer makes a cheap product - as evidenced by the damage to her device. i don't want anyone else to make the same mistake. i appreciate when someone gives me the heads up.

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i tried to help her by giving her the two links. a new battery cover from ebay and a quality case from Seidio should help.

IMO Amzer makes a cheap product - as evidenced by the damage to her device. i don't want anyone else to make the same mistake. i appreciate when someone gives me the heads up.

You could easily leave out the first two lines of your reply...

you buy cheap - you get cheap.

this is why i stick with high quality cases. i'm willing to pay more for quality.

i have this Seidio case and i love it. perhaps you can buy it to cover up the defects?

Your flat out calling some one cheap and making it out like your better, coming off like a jerk... (IMO and from the looks of it a few other people too)

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't drive a VW so I can't comment.... They look nice (The new ones at least) Lexus is just a Toyota with a few extra's... The body, drive train and every thing else is pure Toyota.... Can't really comment on Amzer because again never had one.. But you must have went the cheap route before to know that Amzer is cheap.

You stereotype every thing.

Volkswagon also makes Audi (Volkswagens Lexus Line), Owns Bentley Motors, Bugatti Automobiles and Lambroghini..... All very cheap junk cars....

Lol u have a point if u know anything about cars... that's a horrible analogy... Lexus' are just high end Toyota's... and like u said we don't want to get into vw's high end cars... I bet they are better then a damn Lexus... lol

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Boys, break it up....lol

Gekko, you do have a bit of uppity to your posts. You are probably young... you'll learn one day that being uppity doesn't get you far, and no one likes a snob. Just be kind. :)

Everyone else, thanks for the support - and the suggestions. I actually love my phone caseless and this cover is not a "case" that offers protection other than from scratches. If you were to drop it, the case would snap off and the phone would bounce. Not well, I might add. Before this cover, I had the Sprint "Stormtrooper" looking white and chrome case and dropped my Evo. The case was all, "I'm outta here" and fell off, leaving the Evo to become damaged on the corner. (FYI, my phone was placed in my bag by someone else, and I was appreciative for the help so I didn't check to make sure it was secure, it then slid out of my bag and hit the concrete.)

Luckily for me, the phone is being replaced Monday because of dust under the screen so I'm not terribly concerned but I won't be using the Amzer on the new one.

I don't like the Seidio case even if it's marshmallowy soft inside, it's too much. I like the phone bare and I'm usually very very careful with my phones so I may just use the leather slip pouch type of solution.

Again, I shared so you could all see what can happen - not to be judged on how much I do or don't spend on my cases, or to start any fights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii