I need help with my PRI

thetony2313

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to update your PRI without having to reroot? I even installed the official 2.2 through network. I also did all of the other options that had updates available.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You will need to initiate a hands free activation from the network.

You can use a rooted or non-rooted ROM, as long as it has dialer codes in it you're fine.

Just follow this here: Update your PRI with No Factory Reset - xda-developers

I was successful using this:

TheMike1: Why not cut to the chase and do a ##3282#?
This will allow you to Start the Hands Free Activation Process and update your PRI without forcing you to do a Factory Reset.

Steps:
1. Dial ##3282#
2. Enter Edit Mode
3. Enter your MSL
4. Select Data Profile
5. Menu
6. Restore
7. Let Phone Reboot, and Wait and the Hands Free Activation will Start.
8. Repeat until you have 1.40 PRI.

thetony2313

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Can it get updated any other way? I don't really want to deal with Sprint sense I'm only 14 and my parents wouldnt be very happy to new I already hacked my brand new phone,lol. If I re root is there a different method?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Can it get updated any other way? I don't really want to deal with Sprint sense I'm only 14 and my parents wouldnt be very happy to new I already hacked my brand new phone,lol. If I re root is there a different method?

You should create a nandroid backup of a stock rooted rom, then create a nandroid of your current setup or anything you want to save, in my experience it's the fastest way to switch back and forth for things like this and the PRL updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty