Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Default Just came from an Epic...

And I couldn't be happier about the switch. The Super AMOLED screen on the Epic was cool, and I actually liked Touchwiz, but the build quality and sleeker form factor of the Evo just couldn't keep me away. It's also my first touch screen phone without a physical keyboard, and I can say that after less than a day, I'm already used to it! I love this device; I just need to break the battery in, and I'll be good to go!
    Former Android user trying iOS on for size.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles.C View Post
    And I couldn't be happier about the switch. The Super AMOLED screen on the Epic was cool, and I actually liked Touchwiz, but the build quality and sleeker form factor of the Evo just couldn't keep me away. It's also my first touch screen phone without a physical keyboard, and I can say that after less than a day, I'm already used to it! I love this device; I just need to break the battery in, and I'll be good to go!
    the only thing we need from the EPIC is the screen! EVO rocks!

and the 60 fps uncap for the UI (I personally don't care about the games). Root it, get the framerate uncapper, and you wont miss your EPIC at all!

Messing with the EPIC, the only thing I was jealous of was how fast the phone responds to your touch. the EVO, it lags a little bit. Rooted with CM6, or Vaelpak with the uncapper, makes it that much better!

Welcome to the forums!
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Welcome to the EVO forum! I'm rocking an Epic right now because at the time I was going to return my EVO, there was no root possible! Can you believe that? If HTC hadn't released that second update, I would be on an EVO right now. Well, I hope that EVO users and Epic users can coexist because I was a user of both and I'm sure there were many others like me.

I prefer the EVO screen. The Epic seemed top dark to me. There didn't seems to be better clarity with th AMOLED screen. The Epic is impressive but not like the EVO.
    If I were never here, you would never know.