Not Receiving Texts

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
hopefully i'm not the only one who has experienced this.

i'm not receiving texts.
and it's really annoying.
bought the phone (used) last night, received texts, woke up this morning and couldn't get a single one.

spent over 2 hours on the phone with 8 service reps/advanced techs and a trip to a repair center--and nothing worked.

factory reset phone--voila! it worked. installed marketplace apps--2 hours later, it doesn't work.
factory reset phone--and it works. now i'm waiting to see if it breaks again.

the weird thing is, i can send texts to people (and they receive them) but i can't receive their texts.

has anyone had this issue? i've looked on sprint forums and seen it has been reported. this is realllly frustrating.

suggestions?
i love this phone, i can't stand to think i'll have to go through the hassle of fighting to get my money back from the seller.

j.howe3887

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I was using handscent and I would get text like 2 hours after I was suppose to ...I have been using the stock messenger and I have not had a problem since!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No, i didn't port.
i've been with Sprint since february, and the seller of the Evo was with Sprint as well.
it's been nearly 1.5 hrs since i factory reset (not having installed ANY apps) and it is working...(fingers crossed)
i'm thinking it might actually be NortonMobileSecurity.

but that's just my own thought--fairly unfounded except for it's security permissions when installing.

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It most likely is the Norton Security you have installed...

I'm not sure why anyone would even think about using it, let alone actually download it.

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
do we actually need to security? I have the free antivirus and I notice I dont get certain picturemails and texts come hours later sometimes

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use lookout (android central featured it a while back) and haven't had any problems with it.

Did you try to update your profile in the settings menu?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
OK! it's resolved...curious?

i downloaded 1 app at a time.
then sent myself a text message.

i did NOT download Norton, and my phone still works.

conclusion?=Norton (stinks).

that's pretty ridiculous that the program would cause such a problem on the Evo and not on my Moment for the past few months that i had it running.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
Do not use a task killer or virus "protector" on your phone that will definately delay texts if you get them at all. Also, you can send "Allow All" to 7777 to make sure that all of your texts are being allowed to come through.

tpica

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
that texts thing doesnt work. my phone is having problems like that. I got my phone on feb 5th. my number was ported from virgin mobile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays