Problem with 2.2 ota update.

moocow870

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Last night I went to download the 2.2 update. After the download, I chose to go ahead and install. About half way during the installation, I got the triangle/exclamation symbol and had to restore my evo. I tried the install twice now with no luck. Is there a way to delete the 2.2 update and try to download again? Thanks.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
1) perform a hard reset--this will wipe the phone, return it to factory state.
2) allow phone to reboot
3) when reboot is done, phone should prompt for the OTA update

if the issue happens again during the OTA update, then do these steps:

1)on your phone= direct your browser to http://liveimage.htc.com/OTA_Supersonic_3.26.651.3-1.47.651.1_releaseu2cqjc2e98n4o6xn.zip
or download the file on your computer, connect the phone, & transfer the update.zip file
2) save the file to the root of your SD card
3)reboot to Options menu
4) apply update from .zip
5) allow Froyo to be applied
6) Reboot

this would negate the possibility that its a connectivity problem for transmitting the update since you're applying it from the sd card

Hope that helps!

update: saw some people saying that link wasn't working--in which case, go to HTC website for the official Froyo update .zip file

Last edited:

moocow870

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am back to 2.1. I downloaded 2.2 again and tried to install. Still freezes up. I tried the link that was givin, and HTC does not have the download available anymore. Anyone know where I can dl 2.2 so I can manually do it?