4G problems over the weekend - KC Metro area

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Evo and 4G, but wondered if this was a network outage problem or some other problem.

Friday I noticed that I was only seeing 3G in the notification bar at the top. I checked the toggle for 4G to see if it was still on (I have already noticed that when traveling outside the 4G area in KC, the toggle will automatically turn off). The 4G toggle was grayed out and non-responsive, in the off position. I checked it again an hour later, same thing. I powered off, then on, and went to toggle 4G. It said turning on, but could not find a network, and in a few moments became un-responsive and grayed out. This happened all weekend.

I was going to run into the Sprint store today, but noticed today the 4G is back on.

So was it a network problem or something else going on?

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
weird. we had issues in chicago back in mid july where the 4g network was basically down for a couple of days, but you could still toggle 4g, just not get a signal.

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking at this point the problem must be in my phone. It has continued to do this. I am hoping I can get by the Sprint store today.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking at this point the problem must be in my phone. It has continued to do this. I am hoping I can get by the Sprint store today.

This does sound like a phone problem, unless the 4G radio is receiving something, though I can't image what, from the network that is making it hang on your Evo. I've had a few issues where 4G would hang or not get past "turning off" but a restart would clear it up.

I've actually noticed more strange 4G behavior after the latest HTC update, the one that removed the FPS cap (3.29).

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with the others and say it's prolly a phone problem. I live near the KC metro area and have 4g where I live and didn't experience any problems when I was using it.

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I'm in Overland Park, and had no issues this past weekend. I even went to The Nelson on Saturday, was surprised to see that 4G coverage inside the museum wasn't horrible.