add multiple e-mail attachments at one time?

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
This is probably something obvious I'm missing -- I'm new to Android -- but I just can't seem to figure it out. I searched but couldn't find anything relevant.

How do you add multiple attachments to an e-mail at once? For instance, I'm e-mailing three pictures to my parents. Right now, I do the e-mail like normal and then when I go to attach the pictures, it actually specifically says at the top "Select a single item". I want to choose multiple pictures at once. Right now, it takes a million (okay, probably 30) taps to go back and forth and attach them to the e-mail one by one.

What am I missing? How do I do this? I've tried it in the stock e-mail app and in K-9 (my preferred app) but both use the same browser (Gallery) to attach the pictures, so of course nothing is different between the two in that regard.

Thanks!

/Kevin

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Reverse your thinking.

Start in the Gallery, multi-select your pictures (press and hold one of the images to turn on multi-select), then choose Share and select your email program of choice. This will add all the items to a new email.

I do this all the time with GMail. Should work fine for other mail clients.

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, when I do a long press on a picture in the gallery, a menu comes up with these options: View, Slideshow, Share, Set as, Rotate, Delete, Crop, Details. I can't figure out how to multi-select.

Yes, I'm feeling stupid.

Wait, I Just figured it out, sort of. I hit the share button (circle with two arrows coming out of it in divergent directions) and THEN it comes up with a new view of my pictures, each with a checkbox that lets me select/deselect the picture to be shared.

So what you said didn't work for me for some reason (maybe something specific to the ROM I'm on, or just something I was doing wrong) but I got it to work anyway thanks for your answer. Thank you!!

Now it won't be such a chore sending baby pics back to my family. :)

/Kevin

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an EVO yet but in my Moment's gallery I open up where I can see all the photos and then hit menu. There I have the option to multi-select. I just tap each thumbnail photo that I want to send and it does what Insp_Gadget says above.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The stock htc email app allows for multi select but Touchdown doesn't. It for some strange reason only allows one attachment.