Screen flashes when I receive text messages?

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
First - I tried searching with no luck. If this has been addressed and its easier to point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Okay..

Whenever my EVO's screen is turned off and I receive a text message (or even a KIK message) my screen flashes on for a millisecond and then off again. This is very annoying when I have my phone on my desk at work and would like it to remain unknown if I am receiving a message. Now it flashes so the world knows!

Not sure if anyone has seen this before or if there is an easy fix. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I experienced this, and sometimes I would have it on vibrate and when it would flash, it would not vibrate so I wouldn't know I received a text. I don't know why it did this, I had installed an app that let me use the 2nd led on the other side of the speaker, I used it for notifications. I suggest if you have any recent apps installed that have to do with notifications to uninstall it. This didnt work for me and I had to do a factory reset, but hopefully it will work for you.

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I experienced this, and sometimes I would have it on vibrate and when it would flash, it would not vibrate so I wouldn't know I received a text. I don't know why it did this, I had installed an app that let me use the 2nd led on the other side of the speaker, I used it for notifications. I suggest if you have any recent apps installed that have to do with notifications to uninstall it. This didnt work for me and I had to do a factory reset, but hopefully it will work for you.

I have the exact same thing happen --- that is where it will flash, but won't vibrate so I don't know I got a new message if I didn't see the screen.

The only apps that I have using notifications would be my regular SMS, Kik, and Gmail.

Wish I could fix this because its very annoying and makes my phone seem like a piece!

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, I had to do a factory reset, you might want to try that.

Mannn. Definitely don't feel awesome doing that. I'll just deal with it I guess.

I've never done a factory reset and not sure I want to lose anything important trying to fix something so minor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress