Sprint customer for life (repair experience)

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My son dropped his phone on a marble floor and cracked the screen. I took it in to the local Sprint repair shop, and they asked "Do you have insurance on the line," and I told him that we did. He said, "let me go in the back to see if we have parts and to make sure there's no water damage." I thought that was odd (thought they only replaced phones with broken screens).

He came back and said that they didn't have the parts and would have to order a new phone. When I asked the cost, I braced myself for hearing that I'd have to pay the insurance deductible of $100. He said "No charge. It's free. The phone will be here on Monday."

I find this incredible. I signed a paper that had a $35 charge on it, and then a credit of $35, for a total of $0. This is the kind of customer service that makes for a lifetime customer!

Just had to share. Too often all we read is complaints about companies on these forums.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the changes they made to S&R. If I ever drop my phone and crack the screen, just swing by the store for a new one.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I had similar experiences with Sprint store employees when I was a BB user...had a Curve and Bold replaced n/c.

Hoping won't have to do the same with my Evo.

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Sprint beats at&t and Verizon hands down...I've been with both at&t and Verizon and never understood why Sprint got such a bad wrap. It was a nightmare dealing with at&t. I threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it!

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
most physical damage is now covered under ESRP/TEP through Sprint. If there is any Liquid Damage, then youre looking at 50/100 dollar deductible. The form you signed showing the 35 dollar charge/credit is the form showing you that you would have been charged 35 bucks if you didnt have ESRP/TEP. Take advantage of it while you can, i doubt it will last long...

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
most physical damage is now covered under ESRP/TEP through Sprint. If there is any Liquid Damage, then youre looking at 50/100 dollar deductible. The form you signed showing the 35 dollar charge/credit is the form showing you that you would have been charged 35 bucks if you didnt have ESRP/TEP.

You mean, even if I didn't pay the extra bucks a month for insurance, they would have only charged me $35 to replace the phone?

MissShayona

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You mean, even if I didn't pay the extra bucks a month for insurance, they would have only charged me $35 to replace the phone?

Yes. Under Sprint's new S&R policy, its 35$ per incident fee. You only pay this if you don't have insurance. Like the previous poster mentioned, If its liquid damage its 50/100$ and if you don't have insurance its the full retail cost.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint beats at&t and Verizon hands down...I've been with both at&t and Verizon and never understood why Sprint got such a bad wrap. It was a nightmare dealing with at&t. I threw up in my mouth a little just thinking about it!

Had the same thing happen when my Pre went Belly up and completely bricked out after I had it 6 months..no hassle when they couldnt restore it....just gave me another phone and sent me my merry way...no charge....I've since switched a number of my co-workers from at&t and verizon to sprint (for both the service and the EVO)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer