Doubt you've been asked this before...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So right now I have a Nexus S. Great phone, and hardware that's definitely nowhere near as bad as I've heard about Samsung. The software is pretty good as well, but its also unpolished and still buggy. I know sense, like Sense, and I miss some things that the Nexus doesn't have. (chief among them is the notification LED, which I'm missing more than I thought I would)

Here's my dilemma: Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day buyer's remorse period for the Nexus. Would I be absolutely insane if I exchanged the Nexus for an Evo? Speeds for both networks are comparable, and the devices themselves are pretty comparable too. The only issue, obviously, is that the Nexus is a month old and the Evo is going on 7. I know HTC and Sprint will update it until Android outstrips the phone's capabilities, and Sprint will support it for a long while, but obviously it just isn't as 'fresh' as the Nexus.

Thoughts?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems like you have it figured out allready. If I had to switch to Sprint tomorrow I would definitely get the Evo but that's just my preference.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Seems like you have it figured out allready. If I had to switch to Sprint tomorrow I would definitely get the Evo but that's just my preference.

See I don't though! I like the Nexus just like I'm sure I'd like the Evo. There are just some things I'd miss that the Evo has.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey I own the Evo and never played or had 14 day alone with the nexus s but I have played with evos and never owned one till a few weeks and I can't think of any other phone I would sell this phone for.

I have read alot about the nexus s but if I where you go to a store with a working evo demo and put it thru a preference test side by side and what you want your phones capabilities it should have and make a choice from there and both devices will or can be modified to your liking if you root and flash roms on it.

but the obvious is that the evo has lights and this phone has a very Hugh fan base of devs or user base for a community and growing super fast and the nexus s doesn't but will soon I love my Evo and have owned alot alot of phone I go thru them like crazy but I can't think of ever selling my Evo its just such a reliable phone and does everything I need and more.

like flashing sick roms and everything that comes with Rooting like great battery life or a stupid fast overclocked phone :) good luck

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya same here I only liked the Samsung captivate then a few phones later I finally got the Evo and I always was an HTC fan myself there phones are great strong sturdy reliable phones and I did like the captivate alot but I sold it to save up for the Evo instead :)

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I do think there's a difference with the Nexus S than the regular Samsung models (mostly software-wise, but the materials feel a little sturdier too). But yeah, HTC is the better of the two.

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Switch to Sprint and use there 30 day trial. If you don't like it, return it and go back to verizon.

I would go with HTC and Sprint. Both have great CS.

banksj17

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I own an EVO. Pre-ordered it when it came out and owned it since day one. There is not a phone on the market right now, or a phone I have seen coming that I would trade this in for. Its looking like this my be the first phone that I stick with for my whole 2 year contract.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I own an EVO. Pre-ordered it when it came out and owned it since day one. There is not a phone on the market right now, or a phone I have seen coming that I would trade this in for. Its looking like this my be the first phone that I stick with for my whole 2 year contract.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Nothing just quite has the mix of features that the Evo does, in quite that packaging. (yes, there are phones coming out that do, but they'll be tied to more expensive contracts) The Nexus is nice, it'll get upgrades faster, etc., but I think I could actually LIVE with the Evo a little better.

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Just switch and try it out. Another thing to think about is the price of the plans. Sprint has there $70 unlimited everything plan plus $10 for premium data. I don't think verizon can beat that deal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty