App from the Market won't install.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased Beautiful Widgets and it will not install. I have done the "force stop" and clear cache of the market and rebooted my phone and it does not work.

What it does?

It says "authorizing" and then starts to download. It shows the download icon in the upper left in the task bar and then it disappears (never actually downloading anything...it shows the bar full the way it looks before any percentages show up). Then I go back to the market and it says "purchased". I click on that again and it starts the loop over again...authorizing...'downloading'...and then nothing. The download never actually begins. I have been trying all day...several reboots...several market force stops. I've tried over wifi...3G...and 4G.

Sorry if this already posted, but my search skills didn't come up with anything.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And for what it's worth, I downloaded a free app afterwards to see if it would work and it did. So I am able to download... just this one is giving me issues.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hm...

I say give it time. It will probably work later on.
I've had apps in the past give me errors and then work later on in the day or the week.

radiation0512

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it saying that the installation failed?? I get that sometimes with certain apps. If so, just unmount your sd card and try to download again then remount it when its successful ...always works for me.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies...

I have just tried the suggestions in this thread (except waiting a week cause it hasn't been that long). I am still unable to download and install the app.

To radiation, it doesn't say anything fails. It says downloading then it just stops as if I had never clicked on anything. It never even downloads a single percent.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The exact sequence is:

1. Go to market.
2. Go to beautiful widgets.
3. Click "purchased".
4. Click "ok" under accept permissions.
5. It says, "Your item will be downloaded."
6. The progress bar shows that it is loading, about to start the percentage download.
7. The download progress bar disappears and everything returns to how it was before step 1.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
And for what it's worth, I downloaded a free app afterwards to see if it would work and it did. So I am able to download... just this one is giving me issues.

Did you get a gmail receipt from the developer indicating you purchased the app?

Try going into Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/Market and Clear Data. Reboot phone and try downloading again.......

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a gmail receipt from the developer indicating you purchased the app?

Try going into Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/Market and Clear Data. Reboot phone and try downloading again.......
Yea, I received the email from the Android Market with the receipt and one from google checkout. I have also tried to clear data, force stop, and clear cache. None of it has worked :( I've grown frustrated enough that I'm considering a factory reset.

Burt Reynolds

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you signed into Google Talk? There was an issue a while ago that would give the EXACT issues you're experiencing if you weren't signed into GT. I had those problems, signed in and all was good.

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did some more extensive google searching last night and apparently this happens if google flags odd activity. They put you in a que to review your purchase. It is supposed to take, 4-6 hours. Anyway mine took all day and downloaded sometime in the night and got another email. Kinda lame, but it works now...

Thanks for looking everyone.