Epic Owner still within 30 day window

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
hello i'm currently an Epic owner. I like my phone but there are times when my 3G signal goes out and the only way to bring it back up is to constantly update my profile and PRL or shut the phone off and turn it back on. Dont get me wrong its a nice phone but the main reason I bought it was because i thought i needed a keyboard (turns out i barely use it...) plus i had an HTC Touch Pro and that phone was beyond horrible. So i was scared to try out another HTC phone. has anyone changed from the epic to evo and never looked back or vise versa. any insight is greatly appreciated. i know there are no perfect phones, i just want one perfect for me. the 2.1/ 2.2 doesn't bother me. i think the epic is supposed to get an upgrade, however, i just know from what i read on the forums. is the HTC going to get the next upgrade to 2.2? if so that would be a good reason to trade in my phone to get the EVO as it will be current and up-to-date with software. thanks again

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The best part of this is - your still within your refund/exchange time period.

I'm not sure if your problem is cause by your phone, or not having good 3g connection. You could call Sprint and have them refresh your data connection on their end.

If you live in a area that has 4g coverage then you could get the Evo. The phone is awesome and 3g and 4g speeds works great.

*Remember*
You're only allowed one exchange for a different phone model, and two exchanges on the same model. Also, the thirty days window continues from the first day of purchase. (which mean from the first device activated) Ps. The Evo will be updating to gingerbread 2.3

Good luck.

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as between the two phones, they are both great choices from sprint. My buddy has the Epic and i have the Evo (obviously), but i usually get a bit better signal then he does. Not that his is bad, but still. It is a weird issue with my guess falling onto something funny with the Epics attena.

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
1.. I think the connection this might be just a problem with that phone. I do read that samsung radios are not as strong as htc. If you like epic. then get it exchanged.

2. Touch Pro did suck.. but that is more a Win OS issue. I have had many models of htc phones and I think the hardware is great...
Evo is great!

3. Evo has had 2.2 since late summer 2010.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't like the Epic keyboard either. Makes the phone fat.

Both are great phones. If you're not going to be playing a lot of 3d-high end-games... then you should be fine with the Evo.
Evo can still run a lot of 3d games pretty smoothly, but the Epic should be able to run everything. With Gingerbread, Evo should be able to play the few remaining games (like Dungeon Defenders) pretty well.

HTC is better about updating. Samsung... eh. You might not see 2.3 unless you root your phone.
If you do root your phone, Evo has the best developer backing on XDA for now.

Though... screen + gpu on the Epic is really good.
Sense is meh. Touchwiz sucks more in my opinion.

So whatever you want. Just remember that you're going to be with that phone for quite some time unless you're a premier customer. I haven't used the Epic for too long... so I can't really tell you pros/cons. Just my opinion.

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't like the Epic keyboard either. Makes the phone fat.

Both are great phones. If you're not going to be playing a lot of 3d-high end-games... then you should be fine with the Evo.
Evo can still run a lot of 3d games pretty smoothly, but the Epic should be able to run everything. With Gingerbread, Evo should be able to play the few remaining games (like Dungeon Defenders) pretty well.

HTC is better about updating. Samsung... eh. You might not see 2.3 unless you root your phone.
If you do root your phone, Evo has the best developer backing on XDA for now.

Though... screen + gpu on the Epic is really good.
Sense is meh. Touchwiz sucks more in my opinion.

So whatever you want. Just remember that you're going to be with that phone for quite some time unless you're a premier customer. I haven't used the Epic for too long... so I can't really tell you pros/cons. Just my opinion.

i personally think Sense is pretty good..
but.. the new htc sense with htcsense.com... is crazy good.

I am loving it on the rom i am beta testing for Myn. he has the port from desire Z with froyo and sense 2.5!
It just rocks!