Trade-In rejected! 😡

lunercrab

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got the dreaded partial charge bc there was a tiny crack around the camera I didn't even see until I looked at the pictures after I shipped it. FedEx also delayed mine for like 2 weeks. I just chatted with customer service and told them it was fine when I sent it and since FedEx had it for so long idk what happened to it in that time. Guy was polite no arguing got my 200 charge returned took all of three minutes. I was kinda glad it got delayed bc I used that as an excuse lol

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
I just got the dreaded partial charge bc there was a tiny crack around the camera I didn't even see until I looked at the pictures after I shipped it. FedEx also delayed mine for like 2 weeks. I just chatted with customer service and told them it was fine when I sent it and since FedEx had it for so long idk what happened to it in that time. Guy was polite no arguing got my 200 charge returned took all of three minutes. I was kinda glad it got delayed bc I used that as an excuse lol
Glad it worked out and even better that it only took 3 minutes out of your life!!!!! I spent numerous hours arguing and explaining to customer service in two different occurrences where I was being charged for a damaged return and a year later for a no return.

Hours if my life I'll never get back oh well ?!?!

Reactions: Bkdodger1
May 28, 2023
Visit site
I know with UPS the first $100.00 is automatically covered with insurance and then it costs $2.50 per hundred over that for insurance. So if you do the math depending on what you feel the traded in phone is worth to you, then you can purchase delivery insurance. This way if the phone never shows up at its destination (no matter the reason) you will be reimbursed. YMMV
This won't work with Samsung trade in because the original generator of the shipping label has to be the one who purchases the insurance. And that would be Samsung. And yes I know this because my first ever trade in to Samsung a few years ago was stolen in transit via FedEx. I was one of the first posters here that got the dreaded empty box email. I have resolved myself to never use Samsung trade in again. It's just too risky. From now on when I want to trade in a phone I just go to my local bestbuy and do it in person.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This won't work with Samsung trade in because the original generator of the shipping label has to be the one who purchases the insurance. And that would be Samsung. And yes I know this because my first ever trade in to Samsung a few years ago was stolen in transit via FedEx. I was one of the first posters here that got the dreaded empty box email. I have resolved myself to never use Samsung trade in again. It's just too risky. From now on when I want to trade in a phone I just go to my local bestbuy and do it in person.
So when you take the package to UPS you cannot purchase "extra" insurance?
I have never tried myself, but it would surprise me that UPS (or any delivery service) would pass up taking more money for insurance that rarely is ever needed. YMMV

Reactions: wdfrancis09291958

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Seen this post today for the first time, boy am I late to the party, but anyway, I shipped my device over the weekend and realized I hadn't heard anything yet. I don't usually get nervous but the horror stories from these threads can ware on your nerves if you let it. In the meantime I went and looked and it said pending, It feels like they should have it by now, that was 5 days ago. So I went to my FedEx tracking page and it shows it should be there by end of day today but doesn't show out for delivery . I'll check it again around lunch time.

For my last few trades I've sent them in their original box and the packing of the new device.

Reactions: fresca2u
May 28, 2023
Visit site
So when you take the package to UPS you cannot purchase "extra" insurance?
I have never tried myself, but it would surprise me that UPS (or any delivery service) would pass up taking more money for insurance that rarely is ever needed. YMMV
No you cannot. I got into a big argument with them about this. You have to be the actual person or business that generated the shipping label in order to purchase insurance for a package. Since Samsung creates the shipping label for tradeins they are the only entity that can purchase extra insurance. I even asked Samsung if I could just ship a tradein item myself in the future so I could use my own label and then be able to add my own insurance. Samsung said no because packages will not be received by their trade in department unless I use their specific label. It's not necessarily a bad policy. It only becomes a problem when people within the system start stealing packages.

popcenator

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So what's likely happening with these FedEx shipments is they're being loaded onto a trailer dedicated to Assurant and that trailer is taken to Assurant for them to unload. There's no delivery scan associated with the delivery because the trailer itself is delivered as a whole with several hundred other packages. Unless the package is scanned directly then there's no way for tracking system to know that the package arrived at Assurant. Assurant then takes however long they feel to get the trailer unloaded and the trade-ins processed. My shipment was sent on the 20th, arrived in Irving, TX on the 23rd and has been sitting in a delayed status ever since. I work at FedEx and tracked the trailer it was last scanned on, it was pinging at Assurant a few days ago as if it's just sitting on their dock waiting for them to get to it. That's how a lot of these larger deliveries work unfortunately.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung takes no responsibility. Told me to take it up with FedEx. Filed a claim with FedEx just to do everything I can without any expectations. Bottomline, my trade-in was stolen and I am out $750.

I won't ever do a trade-in of any product ever again direct with Samsung.

I'm waiting on the Class Action lawsuit so I can get my $3.29.
Samsung was threatening to lock my phone. So, after paying the $810 to Samsung as a replacement for my stolen trade-in, I have a glimmer of hope:

We will conduct an investigation for this, once we confirmed that your packaged was stolen, we can proceed with the refund for the trade in charged back.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine is still lost. So far I haven't heard anything from Samsung about it but since I have a FedEx account I've been tracking the package daily. It's still one step away from being delivered.

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
So not cool.

Samsung's reputation is not looking stellar ✨.

Spent a while on AI Loop (4x's) before I got a person, then could not understand her, & she hung up. Good times.

On a different note, does anyone know how long it took for their credit to hit Original method of payment? After you received acceptance email/text of Trade in ?

Much appreciated

Reactions: VidJunky

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well my trade has been in limbo for weeks now and I got an email yesterday finally saying thank you for my trade in. I assumed the package was found or delivered or something but when I check the tracking info it's still MIA at the location just before delivery. I can only assume their package insurance kicked in so I'm being automatically credited for the return. On a side note, I wonder how much they insure their packages for? A thousand maybe? It's a good deal for them being more than they valued the device to me.

The way I said that doesn't sound right, tell me how your would say it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well my trade has been in limbo for weeks now and I got an email yesterday finally saying thank you for my trade in. I assumed the package was found or delivered or something but when I check the tracking info it's still MIA at the location just before delivery. I can only assume their package insurance kicked in so I'm being automatically credited for the return. On a side note, I wonder how much they insure their packages for? A thousand maybe? It's a good deal for them being more than they valued the device to me.

The way I said that doesn't sound right, tell me how your would say it.

I've had trade INS get accepted while the tracking is showing not delivered yet. You are dealing with FedEx and Samsung, both have bad reputations for customer service and fixing issues when they arrive. FedEx is notorious for late deliveries, bad tracking and losing packages. I remember a few phones ago Samsung shipped phones out and a lot of people didn't get their order shipped email from Samsung until a few days after the phone was delivered. So the fact you got the acceptance email is a glorious miracle, take that as a win.

As far as the insurance, who knows how much Samsung insures it for, probably nowhere close to the value. The fun is just starting if you need to file a claim or missing delivery. Samsung will tell you to contact FedEx for either. When you contact FedEx, you guessed it, they will tell you the shipper has to file claims and ECT, and in this case Samsung is the shipper. It's a vicious circle. This is why we all pray that the package will get delivered, not lost, stolen, Samsung accepts it and so on.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Monday morning update

Greetings from Samsung!

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We really appreciate your time and patience regarding this. We have checked and found out that you have concern regarding the order trade in. As we can check, we want to inform you that we have cancelled your chargeback and there will not be any chargeback related to your trade-in order SA3xxxxxxxx. No further action is needed at this point. You can revert us on this email in case of any further assistance.

We highly appreciate your understanding, time, and our limitations. Feel free to reach out to us for any further queries as we'll be here to assist you 24/7.

Have a great day and stay safe!
Warm regards,
Danish
Samsung Customer Care
glad you finally got this resolved. i have similar situation with my trade-in today...see my posting here...what a nightmare with their trade-in process.

after reading post after post about trade-in issues, i began to wonder if Samsung's trade-in center is scamming customers as a whole. after all, this sort of complaint is NOT an isolated incident.

i hope Samsung is reading this forum and noting what is happening with their trade-in issues. i definitely will be very cautious about samsung's future trade-in promo when we know they do not take any sort of measures to protect their loyal customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29