Trade-In rejected! 😡

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had issues with them 5 times. 5 times I started nice and progressively gave them more **** in the conversation to support my statements.

I make videos and take frames (pictures) like everyone else says, every step. Every angle. Bare phone. On and Off. Wrapped phone. Phone in the box. Box sealed. Next I put antitamper seals on all openings on the box.

So when the employee(s) really only had 1 out of 3 give me a hard time. in the past said something was held up or there was an issue, I tell them I have proof that I did everything right and I'm not responsible for what happens in transit.
It was packaged responsibly but FedEx treats boxes like goddamn Ace Ventura (Pet Detective). It was their responsibility to put insurance on a prepaid label.

Alternatively if it's held up at any stage, I pull the same it's not my responsibility, within control or anyway related to me that YOU are having logistical issues.

Everytime I had the rep just "push it through".
Needless to say with more and more people trading in these days Ive stopped using Samsung for tradeins. Too much anxiety and issues. I just go to the carrier.

-------

Before anyone goes eww I like Unlocked, you can just flash U1 XAA to Samsung phones without issue. Reverting works just fine too. Going true Unlocked to Carrier can have issues.

Reason I've gone carrier now is because Samsung Messages has true Dual-SIM RCS and is infinitely more reliable for me as a whole. Also, not sure if this changed, there is a native V-Voicemail app but was missing in U1 firmware.

Reactions: BEaRebel

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well they are going to get slowed down when they get to my box. I wrapped the phone in half a roll of paper towels , then wrapped in their brown stuff, I then used the rest of the paper towels in bottom of box and sides.
eebe9bc2704bf3eb0cdddc67fb55d824.jpg
50b343ed1a49291cdfc1c23900a6bf77.jpg
a3099642fee71d985da514a60c07921b.jpg
52dfbd50e66987f165bdb93c5053bba9.jpg
My S22U went back in the box they shipped my 24U in, back in the original phone box the 22U came to me in two years ago. It still has the original plastic on the top and bottom edges of the phone, and has lived in a protective case its entire time I had it. The case had a slider over the camera lenses, even, same as my S24U does, now.

They play games with this one, it'll be the last time I do business with Samsung directly, again, when it comes to phones. I made sure that I showed it powered on, and in the box it came in. I had it wrapped in the same packing, the same way yours is shown, except in it's original fitted box.

And the Metadata on the photos show exactly where and when the photo was taken, including the location, which I cropped out of the photo.
1000011725.jpg

Attachments

• 20240214_212515.jpg
    20240214_212515.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240214_224228.jpg
    20240214_224228.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240214_224354.jpg
    20240214_224354.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, I'm a victim. This is what they said they received. They said the video shows this item being unboxed. The Samsung rep said it was probably FedEx. So, at this point, I guess it's Grand Theft Galaxy!
So what was the outcome?

Just thinking out loud here...I know you can't trade in a IMEI locked phone for obvious reasons. Couldn't Samsung themselves have you enter the IMEI number for the trade in and they themselves can lock it making it useless for anyone that steals it during transit. They can remove the lock once they get it. I know they probably can only do this with Samsung products, but that's at least some. Thoughts?

Speaking of that, it seems like all we hear about trade INS going missing or not accepted are Samsung products. I don't recall any iPhones, pixels going missing or refused.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So what was the outcome?

Just thinking out loud here...I know you can't trade in a IMEI locked phone for obvious reasons. Couldn't Samsung themselves have you enter the IMEI number for the trade in and they themselves can lock it making it useless for anyone that steals it during transit. They can remove the lock once they get it. I know they probably can only do this with Samsung products, but that's at least some. Thoughts?

Speaking of that, it seems like all we hear about trade INS going missing or not accepted are Samsung products. I don't recall any iPhones, pixels going missing or refused.
From what I read the IMEI block is carrier level, IOW, it just can't be activated. You can still add a G-Account (or bypass the screen) and use it as a wifi device or camera.

Best Samsung could do theoretically is block a Samsung account from being added based on the IMEI, Or if they are smart, which I'm not going to give them credit for being, allow a Samsung account to be added, detect the IMEI is lost/stollen and then push something that cripples the phone.

But again, I don't believe Samsung is smart or motivated enough to do that. They can't even manage their trade in program or push updates on time.

And the downside of the Ultras having such good cameras, some might steal it just to use as a camera..

In short, Samsung needs to do more (which we all know)

@BergerKing
(Also for others) I would also take a picture with the phone on showing the IMEI and EID

Last edited:
Reactions: BEaRebel

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
From what I read the IMEI block is carrier level, IOW, it just can't be activated. You can still add a G-Account (or bypass the screen) and use it as a wifi device or camera.

Best Samsung could do theoretically is block a Samsung account from being added based on the IMEI, Or if they are smart, which I'm not going to give them credit for being, allow a Samsung account to be added, detect the IMEI is lost/stollen and then push something that cripples the phone.

But again, I don't believe Samsung is smart or motivated enough to do that. They can't even manage their trade in program or push updates on time.

And the downside of the Ultras having such good cameras, some might steal it just to use as a camera..

In short, Samsung needs to do more (which we all know)

@BergerKing
(Also for others) I would also take a picture with the phone on showing the IMEI and EID
Maybe they should use best buy more. It don't matter, if Samsung is involved it will be messed up

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I sent my trade-in device (Pixel 7 Pro) in via FedEx on 2/8 from the Boston area.
Expected delivery was 2/14, updated to 2/13 in transit, then back to 2/14 again.
Package arrived in Irving, TX on 2/14 and then stopped updating. Status changed to "Running Late" with no delivery date.
It stayed that way for a week. Contacted FedEx yesterday and they opened a case.
I received a text and email from Samsung @ 3:45 this morning that my trade-in was approved.
FedEx still shows the package as "Running Late". :LOL:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I sent my trade-in device (Pixel 7 Pro) in via FedEx on 2/8 from the Boston area.
Expected delivery was 2/14, updated to 2/13 in transit, then back to 2/14 again.
Package arrived in Irving, TX on 2/14 and then stopped updating. Status changed to "Running Late" with no delivery date.
It stayed that way for a week. Contacted FedEx yesterday and they opened a case.
I received a text and email from Samsung @ 3:45 this morning that my trade-in was approved.
FedEx still shows the package as "Running Late".
Yay! I'm glad it's approved.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
FedEx still shows the package as "Running Late".
FedEx is horrible. Mine floated around Texas for a few days also.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So what was the outcome?

Samsung takes no responsibility. Told me to take it up with FedEx. Filed a claim with FedEx just to do everything I can without any expectations. Bottomline, my trade-in was stolen and I am out $750.

I won't ever do a trade-in of any product ever again direct with Samsung.

I'm waiting on the Class Action lawsuit so I can get my $3.29.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I know with UPS the first $100.00 is automatically covered with insurance and then it costs $2.50 per hundred over that for insurance. So if you do the math depending on what you feel the traded in phone is worth to you, then you can purchase delivery insurance. This way if the phone never shows up at its destination (no matter the reason) you will be reimbursed. YMMV

Reactions: Laura Knotek

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung takes no responsibility. Told me to take it up with FedEx. Filed a claim with FedEx just to do everything I can without any expectations. Bottomline, my trade-in was stolen and I am out $750.

I won't ever do a trade-in of any product ever again direct with Samsung.

I'm waiting on the Class Action lawsuit so I can get my $3.29.
If you have a tracking number, you should be able to file a claim with FedEx as long as it hit their system.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had seconds thought about sending my S23 256GB but I had no choice the Samsung trade-in was far greater than I would've sold it privately. TBH, not a lot of interest either.

Same goes with my Pixel 7 128GB. My old S10+ I didn't care as it was guaranteed either way. I got my 24U with that trade-in. The other two was for S24+ and S24.

This is why I went ahead. I got two e-mails last week that it was approved. Waiting for Pixel 7 email.

Anyways, it's crazy what happened with OP. Interesting, Samsung just changed their mind?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if we pay for our own shipping can we use a different shipper. If Samsung don't want to aide in locating and filing claims with their crappy shipper then we should be able to choose what we want.

Last edited:
Reactions: wdfrancis09291958