Sprint Silver

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but the problem is that people are changing carriers a lot more often now, jumping ship for the newest and greatest phones. Sprint always seems to be slightly behind in that department.

One of the pros of Sprint is the cost, and in turn the "Premier" program. The original intention had to be to reward customers for their loyalty. The upgrade at 22 months is no different than any other customer. Why stay with Sprint if the perks are the same for every customer?

Making the premier program more exclusive will encourage people to stay with Sprint and buy larger plans, but only if the benefits outweigh the costs. I think they are moving in the wrong direction with this one.

Just my opinion...

It didn't actually used to be like that "back in the day". Used to be, Sprint had the most cutting edge, state of the art phones (im talking back in like '96-97). I am also one of the thousands of ppl that got leveled-down. I used to work for a third party store has a Service and Repair Tech and havent had a phone for more then a year in the like the past 5 or so years. Ive had a real hard time deciding on what device to get because i have to go two years with the same phone :(. I agree that Silver should be upgrade at 1 yr, primary line only, $75 off+mail in. But when you think about it, anybody with a family plan or multiple lines, is going to be in the gold level anyway, so the primary line wouldnt exactly apply unless you have a second line that has minutes only. I dont know about everyone else here, but I dont like the idea of paying $90/month just to be able to upgrade early. youd be better off taking the $75 off -mail in.

I love sprint, always have. but they are starting to go the way of RIM, behind the times and always playing catch up.

My opinon :D

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It didn't actually used to be like that "back in the day". Used to be, Sprint had the most cutting edge, state of the art phones (im talking back in like '96-97). I am also one of the thousands of ppl that got leveled-down. I used to work for a third party store has a Service and Repair Tech and havent had a phone for more then a year in the like the past 5 or so years. Ive had a real hard time deciding on what device to get because i have to go two years with the same phone :(. I agree that Silver should be upgrade at 1 yr, primary line only, $75 off+mail in. But when you think about it, anybody with a family plan or multiple lines, is going to be in the gold level anyway, so the primary line wouldnt exactly apply unless you have a second line that has minutes only. I dont know about everyone else here, but I dont like the idea of paying $90/month just to be able to upgrade early. youd be better off taking the $75 off -mail in.

I love sprint, always have. but they are starting to go the way of RIM, behind the times and always playing catch up.

My opinon :D

That's actually not true. I have 4 lines with the base being the 129.00, 1500 min plan. On my plan I have 2 Evos, 1 Epic and a blackberry. So, I pay the extra 30 dollar fee and I have TEP on three lines. My bill totals about 227 a month and I do not qualify for Gold status. I got my letter a couple days ago. You have to have the 169.00, 3000 min plan to qualify if you're on a family plan.

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
That's actually not true. I have 4 lines with the base being the 129.00, 1500 min plan. On my plan I have 2 Evos, 1 Epic and a blackberry. So, I pay the extra 30 dollar fee and I have TEP on three lines. My bill totals about 227 a month and I do not qualify for Gold status. I got my letter a couple days ago. You have to have the 169.00, 3000 min plan to qualify if you're on a family plan.

hmm, so it must be a different for family plans as opposed to single plans. ive always had a single line and haven't thought about the family plans much (except for my above thought lol). i do think that is a little ridiculous that you're paying a crapload of money per month (no disrespect intended by any means) and don't qualify for the gold level. so, for your instance, you'd have to pay $300/mo, just to be able to annually upgrade just the primary line. maybe its just me:cool:

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the minimum amount of minutes (450) since mobile to mobile is free, and I use about 6 minutes a month calling a landline. There's no way I would qualify for the gold plan.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive had sprint for several years on my own and several years before that under my father's account. with this silver classification thing im opting out and going with at&t.. im paying around 90 a month for their 69.99 plan thanks to their $10 thing for the evo and $7 insurance and fees. so i may be the proud owner of either a iphone or captivate in the next couple of days.. :/ i will miss my evo alot though

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm lucky. My 10 year anniversary falls almost exactly one year from the last time I upgraded .... therefore I never really lose my annual upgrade even though I will be Sprint Premier Silver for almost a year.

But, I think those people who just joined thinking they were going to have yearly upgrades have a long time to wait to hit that 10 year mark. :-(

I have been a sprint customer for about 8-9 years?

Is there Sprint website that tells you your anniversary date?

thanks

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
This will certainly make me consider verizon. With the new $10 fee for smart phones the price difference is now much smaller. Sprint is quickly losing its $, perks and 4G advantage that captured me as a customer.

Hampteezy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This will certainly make me consider verizon. With the new $10 fee for smart phones the price difference is now much smaller. Sprint is quickly losing its $, perks and 4G advantage that captured me as a customer.

Sprint is still gonna get it done even with the snag they are having with wi max right now.

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

lol...If you go over to the Thundercat pages they are readying the lifeboats since VZW can't seem to get their 4G LTE crap together.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
im seriously tired of sprint.. had em for too many years for them to be like this.. im gonna go to at&t most likely as i already have u-verse

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
im seriously tired of sprint.. had em for too many years for them to be like this.. im gonna go to at&t most likely as i already have u-verse

lol again...A buddy of mine is switching from ATT to Sprint because ATT charges for everything and makes VZW look cheap.

Nostradamus

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
With the new $10 fee for smart phones the price difference is now much smaller. Sprint is quickly losing its $, perks and 4G advantage that captured me as a customer.
What new $10 smart phone fee? If you have a Sprint 4G phone you have already been paying said fee. Now everyone will be paying it. I'd suggest you compare your bill to equivalent services on Verizon or ATT before complaining.