Does anyone notice the YouTube videos now playing without the constant error.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that Google have read the "Numerous" complaints left on their "Feedback" page.. and decided to lengthened the buffering size of the videos. I've been playing both on 3G, 4G and wifi connection without the constant error message.

Have you notice any difference in playing videos on YouTube? If you haven't notice - please try it out and let us know.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I never had any problems, but it does seem to buffer longer before playing.
You might have been one of the lucky ones who wasn't having such an issue. This was a "Known" issues for some Droid and Evo phones. Google's feedback page was swamp with complaints. I'm really feeling good right now - selecting a video and actually having it played without wondering if it's going to stop.

I hope this is really a fix and not just a lucky day. :)going

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
BS! my YouTube still lags...
Lags I'm not sure of... but give an error message is what I'm talking about.

I would suggest uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app, and/or uninstall and reinstall updates to "Adobe Flash Player". This might have an effect on its performance. Mine haven't giving that error lately.

Last edited:

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You might have been one of the lucky ones who wasn't having such an issue. This was a "Known" issues for some Droid and Evo phones. Google's feedback page was swamp with complaints. I'm really feeling good right now - selecting a video and actually having it played without wondering if it's going to stop.

I hope this is really a fix and not just a lucky day. :)going

My Hero gave me the error message for the longest time, but only with the actual app. I went to the internets and bookmarked Youtube and it worked fine. But no, I never had any problems with the youtube app on my Evo. If I had, I would have tried the same thing I did with my Hero.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Lags I'm not sure of... but give an error message is what I'm talking about.

I would suggest uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app, and/or uninstall and reinstall updates to "Adobe Flash Player". Mine haven't giving that error lately.

Adobe Flash Player is not used by the Youtube app. So that would be a unnecessary step.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Adobe Flash Player is not used by the Youtube app. So that would be a unnecessary step.
Adobe flash player is needed to run certain applications on our phones.(ie. flash content, etc.) The app itself doesn't use adobe flash player - but YouTube need it to stream videos. I wouldn't say the step is unnecessary - running the latest version of adobe flash player would be a plus to our phones.

Last edited:

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree with that. Adobe flash player is needed to run certain applications on our phones.(ie. YouTube, and other flash content) I don't know how other phones operate - but adobe flash is preset in our device.

Yet the Evo had the app before Flash was available. The Youtube app uses H.264 video codec not flash. My GF has the Optimus S which does not support flash 10.1 but is on Froyo, and she has the same version Youtube app. So no the Youtube app does not use flash.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=185235

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yet the Evo had the app before Flash was available. The Youtube app uses H.264 video codec not flash. My GF has the Optimus S which does not support flash 10.1 but is on Froyo, and she has the same version Youtube app. So no the Youtube app does not use flash.

compatible file formats - YouTube Help
(Yea, you're correct about the youtube app on our device) YouTube videos are streamed through Adobe flash player... the app on our phones(YouTube) is a link to the mobile site on our device. Even if some device doesn't have Adobe flash player enabled on them - they will still be able to play YouTube videos... either through the app, or the full version of YouTube. Here is a link that should confirm what I said. YouTube videos won't play? - YouTube Help

Last edited:

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
YouTube itself is powered by Adobe flash player... the app on our phones(YouTube) is a link to the mobile site on our device. Even if some device doesn't have Adobe flash player enabled on them - they will still be able to play YouTube videos... either through the app, or the full version of YouTube. Here is a link that should confirm what I said. YouTube videos won't play? - YouTube Help

That link is for the actual website not the Youtube app. Again you seem like a fairly new Android user. I have worked with Android for a long time well since the G1 days, and iOS, and webOS. The Youtube app on both devices are not using Adobe Flash. I'm running three different devices. I will not continue to argue about this. I showed a direct link for the Android Youtube app. Youtube app uses MPEG4 and H.264 for streaming codecs. As the link I posted showed. If you take a better look into your link you posted, it mentions computer and even Windows Media Player. That link is for the website.

The EVO once did not have flash and did have the Youtube app, the Hero also runs without Adobe Flash, and so does the Optimus S. Your missing the point.. The Youtube app does not use "Adobe Flash Player". The website does... You do not need Adobe Flash Player to watch videos through Youtube app.

Last edited:

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely sending a (Thanks) to Google - I haven't had any pop-up error messages for a week now. And I use to have it bad... regardless if I were using 3G, 4G, or wifi. :)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely sending a (Thanks) to Google - I haven't had any pop-up error messages for a week now. And I use to have it bad... regardless if I were using 3G, 4G, or wifi. :)

Same here.. Most likely it is server overloads. I mean this happens constantly, with the number of smartphones these days it does not surprise me. They are constantly improving the servers and system to handle the load.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That link is for the actual website not the Youtube app. Again you seem like a fairly new Android user. I have worked with Android for a long time well since the G1 days, and iOS, and webOS. The Youtube app on both devices are not using Adobe Flash. I'm running three different devices. I will not continue to argue about this. I showed a direct link for the Android Youtube app. Youtube app uses MPEG4 and H.264 for streaming codecs. As the link I posted showed. If you take a better look into your link you posted, it mentions computer and even Windows Media Player. That link is for the website.

The EVO once did not have flash and did have the Youtube app, the Hero also runs without Adobe Flash, and so does the Optimus S. Your missing the point.. The Youtube app does not use "Adobe Flash Player". The website does... You do not need Adobe Flash Player to watch videos through Youtube app.
Why do you call this arguing - I'm not, or you? I guess you haven't read my posts - because you'd have seen all the corrections I made. Wow, take it easy buddy it's not that serious. Haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reahs