Apps appear to download, but won't install

Ground Beef

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This has been spotty. I try to install an app like 'Talking Santa' and it says that it's downloading, and in the pulldown menu it says it's downloading, when I select it from the pulldown menu it directs me to a different app, like 'Radio Time' that's already installed, when I'm expecting it to take me to the downloading app (i.e. Talking Santa) and give me a progress bar of the download.

Sometimes I'll get a message stating that the install was unsuccessful. Sometimes is appears to download 100% and then just quits.

Any ideas?

Thanks...btw, I'm rooted and running Sprint Lovers.

Ground Beef.

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem with some of my apps...you just have to uninstall it completely and then download it again from the market and it will fix the problem...but i don't know how the problem even occurs initially

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If the uninstall/reinstall of the app itself doesn't work... uninstall and reinstall the market might. Menu - settings - applications - manage applications - all - Market

Good luck.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Might be a silly question, but if I don't have the market installed, where can I re-install the market from?

Thanks.

I would just open the Sprint Lover's ROM zip file on a PC and dig through to the:

system>app folder and copy the "MarketUpdater.apk" to your SD card and install it using a file manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38