I know its a 4G phone...but what about 3G??

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I havent read too much on this phone...but my question is....is the phone 4G/3G capable? I live in an area that doesnt have 4G. So does that mean my area wont get this phone? Or will it work on 3G as well it just wont be as fast?

If thats the case then I'll ignore this phone and look into getting the Nexus One since I'm really not phased by the increased speed seeing as how I've had no issues with current 3G speeds.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure the phone will work on 3G as well.. I can't see it not be able to see 3G as well as 4G..but who knows what HTC and Sprint have cooked up. We'll probably find everything out tomorrow.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Yea...I was assuming it would work on both 3/4G. They want to sell as many units as possible. I just wasnt sure if anything literature had been posted on any site pertaining to its compatibility.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
It has to work with 3g, just as a 3g phone will work without 3g and turns on its 2g coverage. Question is will it work with 2g with no 3g...I am assuming so as well, no worries!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It is a dual phone and in fact most of the demos on youtube were done with 3G, not 4G. In one of the demos, the sprint/htc guy actually says he's showing it in 3G and will turn on 4G.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
The voice part of the phone is using the same chipset you would use for 3G data. It will be capable of supporting 3G networks.

The only reason you would want the 4G is for the video and multimedia capabilities. 1.2 Mbps is fine for most mobile sites. Mobile sites are tiny as far as bandwidth. You're not going to get those too much faster. The latency is the piece that you should be looking at, and the 4G side of things is slightly better on the latency front.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty