Not receiving pictures through text

goofywizard

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
First off I am using handcent and when I receive a picture message it wants me to download it. I cannot download the picture unless I am using wi-fi. Is there a way to fix this issue, it is also showing up in the stock messaging app the same way. I want the picture to just show up and not have to download, that seems like a really screwy way to do this type of message.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
gooywizard

fwv3232

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem a few weeks back and this worked for me - Apparently there is a small group of Sprint techs that are testing this process for the "throngs" of users having this issue - it does create some bugs, but make sure you turn off the phone for about 30 seconds after you make the changes and it should work for you....the picturemail system on the network isn't recognizing the proxy and port vs. being on Wifi or 4G.

Message>menu>settings>MMS Setting>Connection setting> clear MMS proxy and MMS port so it reads (not set)......good to go!

Reactions: goofywizard

goofywizard

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem a few weeks back and this worked for me - Apparently there is a small group of Sprint techs that are testing this process for the "throngs" of users having this issue - it does create some bugs, but make sure you turn off the phone for about 30 seconds after you make the changes and it should work for you....the picturemail system on the network isn't recognizing the proxy and port vs. being on Wifi or 4G.

Message>menu>settings>MMS Setting>Connection setting> clear MMS proxy and MMS port so it reads (not set)......good to go!
Thanks for your help. I will see if it works next time I get an mms message.