Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who's getting this?

Who is getting this bad boy and what do you think will be different about it (other than stock android). Different camera or button layout perhaps?

Default Re: Who's getting this?

Well, if not for the fact I already bought the One, I probably won't and will wait for the Note 3 announcement and hope word of an HTC phablet leak out before that phone is released as I miss the larger display I had with the Note 2. However, had I known about this phone I would have waited and not gotten the at&t version.

But, if the HTC One GE comes out in black, with 64gb storage, and has the standard button layout (back, home, multi-tasking) then I will be tough not to sell my One now and pony up the difference in price, especially if battery life is improved with stock.

Though I'm really hoping for an HTC phablet later this year. An HTC designed phone with a snapdragon 800, 5.5-6" HD screen screen and boom sound would be the ultimate multimedia phone.
    trandz and Russ Smith like this.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I probably will stick with my phone, and chances are they will have the build for a Sprint phone shortly after it gets dumped. I think it's a great thing though!

Well, I can't buy anything right now unless I pay the ETF on my att contract and I go to tmobile a little earlier than I thought.

I'm tired of att and am going tmobile. I have no clue how this google edition will work with tmobile network, because didn't HTC say that the unlocked HTC one isn't going to work on tmobile 1700 frequency bands or whatever?

And by the time I can get this phone, it might not be worth it over just waiting for whatever next.

Not me, HTC is smooth and doesnt need to go Google based. I love all my phone features.

HTC One>galaxy>iPhone
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    Well, I can't buy anything right now unless I pay the ETF on my att contract and I go to tmobile a little earlier than I thought.

I'm tired of att and am going tmobile. I have no clue how this google edition will work with tmobile network, because didn't HTC say that the unlocked HTC one isn't going to work on tmobile 1700 frequency bands or whatever?

And by the time I can get this phone, it might not be worth it over just waiting for whatever next.
    Since this will (presumably) be unlocked, you could buy it and use it on AT&T then switch to T-Mobile once you can pay the ETF. You do not have to pay the ETF to switch phones. I phone hop all the time, and since you want to switch to T-Mobile, buying the phone first and then switching later would help spread out the cost of what would be a very expensive move.

I most likely will. I am really excited for it to come out.

Sent from my XT907

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

Dammit I just got my One...

Whatever, if I get the urge for stock android I'll either use Nova or root.

I might, but only if it includes all the nifty Sense features. It probably won't though, so I will most likely just buy the regular One and not the G.E. One.

Posted via Android Central App
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegoman View Post
    I might, but only if it includes all the nifty Sense features. It probably won't though, so I will most likely just buy the regular One and not the G.E. One.

If it had all of the sense features then it would just be a regular HTC one. Lol.

Posted from the AC app

If it comes in black then I might buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    If it had all of the sense features then it would just be a regular HTC one. Lol.

Posted from the AC app
    No, stock android with the camera features and other good features. It only needs to have the important features, not every single Sense feature.

Pretty happy with my current one that's already rooted with clean Rom and bulletproof kernel. Im ok with a sense based Rom so id just be recreating the wheel.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    The Real X Dawg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    But, if the HTC One GE comes out in black, with 64gb storage, and has the standard button layout (back, home, multi-tasking) then I will be tough not to sell my One now and pony up the difference in price
    This for sure. If they go with the standard button layout on this phone I'm going to be extremely sorely tempted. Not a big fan of the look and feel of Samsung's phones but I could see myself getting HTCs GE phone

Depends on how they decide to price it.

byoung1989 and neonworm like this.

Love to have the GE come in "black" or "red" or even "green" as a option. I hope it does not default to "silver". I don't care for that color! To bland! 64GB would be ideal too!
    Android Central Europe Editor

Bring it to Europe and we'll talk. I think for most people the Sense version is the better option though. You'll be losing a lot in the way of camera capabilities and Gallery stuff like Zoes and video highlights.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    1,156 Global Posts

What they should do is sell the "Google Edition" ROM for the HTC One as an upgrade for a small fee. That way they don't have the supply issues or worry of no one buying it and going more in the hole.
    With that I'd totally buy then.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    What they should do is sell the "Google Edition" ROM for the HTC One as an upgrade for a small fee. That way they don't have the supply issues or worry of no one buying it and going more in the hole.
    With that I'd totally buy then.
    Or you can download an AOKP or AOSP that will be better than the stock Google ROM lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    qnet likes this.

Global Posts
    802 Global Posts

I would LOVE to buy this. But I just bought my Nexus 4 in November, and I like it. I don't think I'm ready to pay $600 up front for a phone after how much I have enjoyed the Nexus 4 (and its price point).

My dream phone would be the Google Edition One running on Verizon. But I'm pretty sure that'll never happen!

Thanked by:

Well I have the One right now and I will just Rom it up if this does happen. Even so, the new Sense is really good and not sure what I am missing from stock Android.

I'm going to get the Google edition phone but without the phone cause I already have the phone does that make sense?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am kinda shocked that no one has mentioned the recent rumors about only 500,000 units will be made.
    Young brothers and sisters, there's a world's worth of work, and a need for you!

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

I will probably be buying one.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast