Who's getting the new 2023 Razr?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited should get mine today! I always used Samsung flagship and the very last MOTO device I used was the Micro Tac Elite. Coming from. ZF4.
Nice , I still have about a week to wait for mine to arrive. Haven’t used a moto in many years but thought they made solid devices. They’ve gone thru lots of changes since tho. Hoping for a good solid device. They’ve always been well known for really good Rf signal. Always a plus. Would love to hear your impressions when you have some time with it. Enjoy!

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Received mine yesterday. Only running on wifi now because there was a problem porting in my Google Voice number which I've had since inception. I've been using it to install apps and what not and I can't put this thing down. Even though it's not the newest of processors, it feels more peppy than my Samsung S21 Ultra that I've had for 2 years now. Every time I pick it up, I find something new about it. it is an absolute fingerprint magnet, but I need to get over that and make sure to have a microfiber cloth handy, but so far, very smooth, great sounding speakers, and does everything I need it to do right out the box.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Received mine yesterday. Only running on wifi now because there was a problem porting in my Google Voice number which I've had since inception. I've been using it to install apps and what not and I can't put this thing down. Even though it's not the newest of processors, it feels more peppy than my Samsung S21 Ultra that I've had for 2 years now. Every time I pick it up, I find something new about it. it is an absolute fingerprint magnet, but I need to get over that and make sure to have a microfiber cloth handy, but so far, very smooth, great sounding speakers, and does everything I need it to do right out the box.
Sounds great! I ordered mine 6 days ago and still awaiting the shipped email. Was hoping for quicker.
All the positive comments are sure building up the anticipation tho. 😊

Reactions: mustang8918

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll be testing my battery tomorrow, gonna take a drive from Virginia Beach to Maryland (3-4 hrs) around lunch time. It'll be in a holder attached to the windshield so the sun will be hitting it also. If it makes it all the way up using Waze the full time, then I'll be happy.
I could use Android Auto but that wouldn't really allow me to stress test the battery.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I took it to work today and it performed great in my building, there are windows in the room that I work in but the kitchen is different, the kitchen is in the middle of the building with no windows. My S23s (Ultra and Plus) are very slow because it's struggling to get a connection in the kitchen but the Razr + worked as if it was outside, almost seemed to work better than outside, I was more than pleasantly surprised.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone found a car mount with wireless charging that works for this yet? My current one works with my S21 Ultra, but the contact point for charging sits too high apparently. Suggestions welcomed.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Samsung Z Flip 4.......whaaaaaaa!!!!
Omg.... The Moto RAZR plus is AAAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!!!!👍💯
Love the super usable outer screen! It's soooo thin and light and you can't even see the crease. The best thing is how clean the UI is compared to Samsung bloat.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I got this fake leather back case from amazon today and the bottom fits really nice, there's no tape, it just snaps on. The top slides off really easy though and I can see it being a problem and also that top part does not have an opening for the mic that is just above the volume buttons. I'm just using the bottom for now until I can get my hands on something where both pieces work.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I also did my four hour drive up to Maryland today starting around 1130 and the phone did get pretty hot in that holder attached to the windshield but never overheated and I was running Waze the whole time, even left it running when I would stop for gas. At the end of the four hours I still had a little over 40% battery left and of course I used the phone open the whole time, it was never closed. I was very surprised at how well it did for a somewhat small battery and being in the heat like it was. This is a keeper for me!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I also did my four hour drive up to Maryland today starting around 1130 and the phone did get pretty hot in that holder attached to the windshield but never overheated and I was running Waze the whole time, even left it running when I would stop for gas. At the end of the four hours I still had a little over 40% battery left and of course I used the phone open the whole time, it was never closed. I was very surprised at how well it did for a somewhat small battery and being in the heat like it was. This is a keeper for me!
I haven't seen any definitive battery testing with phone open and also another test with it closed comparing the difference in battery usage/longevity, but this is definitely encouraging, thanks for that info.

Reactions: mustang8918

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
With constant usage I still have about 25% batt at bed time. Usage from 6am to 12am

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
The design of the Razr+ is also beautifully thought out, the placement of the side buttons is at the right height, outer screen awesome, great solid hinge and fantastic build quality. So proud of MOTO to finally be in the flagship space..... finally!

Lastly the UI is super clean and very similiar experience to a PIXEL experience! It's refreshing to not have Samsung BLOAT!

Last edited:

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Z Flip 4.......whaaaaaaa!!!!
Omg.... The Moto RAZR plus is AAAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!!!!👍💯
Love the super usable outer screen! It's soooo thin and light and you can't even see the crease. The best thing is how clean the UI is compared to Samsung bloat.
Agree, question on using outer screen. Using keyboard am I doing something wrong? Outer keyboard nice and large cover about whole screen, but when typing why cant I see what I am typing? I bet I am missing something?

Thanks
It was me had outer screen font or display size to large.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidFanboy8