Who's getting the new 2023 Razr?

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger and ordered one. I'm porting my Google Voice number to the phone and I'll be running in comparison to my tried and true S21 Ultra 5G. Been a while since I've been with Motorola so kind of excited to try something new for a change.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If it doesn't light up on the first tap then I'll double tap and can't remember how many taps during each wake up it was. This only happened at night, kind of like it didn't fully wake up or something, didn't have this issue during the day. It's not a big deal but I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure it out. I'm back to using one of my S23s today since I don't want anything to happen to the black Razr before the blue one arrives.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so not sure how I feel about this phone. Got the first one around 7pm on Friday. I had to exchange it on Saturday because it wouldn't charge and would say connected, not charging. It finally said it would take 6 hours and 52 minutes to charge from 81 to 100 once it did start to charge.

New phone charges, but the clock seems to be off by a few minutes when I wake the phone up after not using it for a little while. KWGT also doesn't update as often as it should. Turned off automatic time zone to see if that would help, but nope.

Auto brightness is also wonky.

Going to give it a little more time before I decide if I'm going to return it or not.

Reactions: mustang8918

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so not sure how I feel about this phone. Got the first one around 7pm on Friday. I had to exchange it on Saturday because it wouldn't charge and would say connected, not charging. It finally said it would take 6 hours and 52 minutes to charge from 81 to 100 once it did start to charge.

New phone charges, but the clock seems to be off by a few minutes when I wake the phone up after not using it for a little while. KWGT also doesn't update as often as it should. Turned off automatic time zone to see if that would help, but nope.

Auto brightness is also wonky.

Going to give it a little more time before I decide if I'm going to return it or not.
That's odd for sure. Luckily I am having none of those issues. The only issues I have had was low volume and bad battery both of which seems fixed with a factory reset and set back up not from a backup.

Let us know how you fair with your issues

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That's odd for sure. Luckily I am having none of those issues. The only issues I have had was low volume and bad battery both of which seems fixed with a factory reset and set back up not from a backup.

Let us know how you fair with your issues
I'm hoping things settle. I do like the Viva Magenta. Maybe the kinks will work themselves out. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: mustang8918

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I happened upon one case that's available now on amazon and it'll be here by the end of the week, everything else seems to be arriving in the first or second week of July.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the clear case, but am going case less. Wish me luck.
Good luck😁
I ordered a case just to have it and try it out but it won't be coming for about a week after I get the phone so will have that amount of time to go caseless. I have the red Razr coming so may not want or need a case with that grippier backside. I thought there might be a possibility of phantom touches on the smaller screen when holding the phone around the edges. Thought a case might help that if it is indeed an issue.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I know this device is like brand new, but was there any OS updates during setup that anyone had to perform? Mine arrives tomorrow and I know I'm going to be spending most of the day with it. I haven't used a Moto in forever.

darrinS

May 13, 2023
Visit site
I know this device is like brand new, but was there any OS updates during setup that anyone had to perform? Mine arrives tomorrow and I know I'm going to be spending most of the day with it. I haven't used a Moto in forever.
there was an update available out of the box. before i did any setup customizations i opened settings and ran the update.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Man this razr forum has been dead for ever.
A brand new shiny Razr is releasing this month. Who's getting it or at least wants to get it? I think this one looks to be pretty exciting. I'm giving it some thought. Does Motorola take trade-ins? I've got to many phones to just buy another outright. Lets discuss this new device and who will be picking one up.
I'm excited should get mine today! I always used Samsung flagship and the very last MOTO device I used was the Micro Tac Elite. Coming from. ZF4.