Texting Within Apps

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't know of you can do this from the native app but I know on handcent you can set it to have a popup that will come over any app you're using. You can then reply and the popup window will disappear and you can go about your business in the other app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If you like the native texting app and just want the added popup... I recommend "SMS Popup" from the Play Store, its free.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Sliding Messaging allows you to place a persistent Notification in your StatusBar so you can launch the SMS App from anywhere.

Personally I use Floating SMS & dock it onto Glovebox along with all my other floating/pop-up type Apps to access them from anywhere.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned above, Facebook messenger has the chat head function which is great. Within the app go to settings - check the box that makes the messenger app the default. At that point any time you get a SMS text the chat head pops up. You can still use your regular text app when you want, but this service lets you respond quickly without exiting out of your current screen. However, MMS messages do not come through Facebook messenger. It is worth checking out if you haven't. Also it is quite fun flicking your contacts heads off the screen when you are done with the conversation.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought FB Messenger did support MMS now. Are you sure it doesn't?

In my use, I haven't come across a way, within the messenger app, to send a MMS message to a phone number. I think you can attach a photo and things of that nature if you are sending it to a FB contact. Also when a text comes in with a picture attached, the chat head doesn't pop up. However, I do see the photo in the chat history within the FB messenger.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It does. There's an attachment icon next to the text box that allows you to send it as an MMS message.

For non-FB contacts that just brings up the long lists of smiley faces and other random icons to insert in the messages. When I am texting someone that is also a FB contact, that attachment icon allows me to attach pictures. Is this what you are seeing for FB contacts and non-FB contacts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non