Battery draining when not even using

c613m

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So this morning I took the phone off the charger at 8am, check my emails quickly, used that app for about 5 minutes. No email accounts are set to push, just manual fetch. So an hour and a half later, I pick up the phone and noticed that the battery was already dropped to 91%... I haven't even used it! What's up with that? On weekends I would seldom need to charge my iPhone 5 since I'm working on the house and barely use the phone during the day. This sudden battery drop worries me. Any tips or any advice to check on what's being used?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I would run it all the way down to zero and then charge it up to 100% without unplugging it. That should help calibrate things.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Settings >power >usage/history should give you the answers. Sometimes an app can drain battery without you knowing. Also, the more things you have auto updating in the background the quicker your power goes.

c613m

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
So Maps seems to have used 25% of the battery... I haven't even opened that at all today. I set my weather to not update through a schedule and only update when I use the phone... I hope this helps because this is ridiculous... I'll report back tomorrow... hopefully it fixes it.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So Maps seems to have used 25% of the battery... I haven't even opened that at all today. I set my weather to not update through a schedule and only update when I use the phone... I hope this helps because this is ridiculous... I'll report back tomorrow... hopefully it fixes it.

Go under map settings, location setting, and uncheck "save location history" you will thank me.
Its not Google now, or GPS turned on, its Maps app trying to save your location at all times in case you want apps like Google+ or Latitude to transmit your location

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Go under map settings, location setting, and uncheck "save location history" you will thank me.
Its not Google now, or GPS turned on, its Maps app trying to save your location at all times in case you want apps like Google+ or Latitude to transmit your location

Ok I did this. Thanks for the suggestion. Will I see previous searches when I pull up navigation? What does it actually store?

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did this. Thanks for the suggestion. Will I see previous searches when I pull up navigation? What does it actually store?

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Yes, this feature is only to mark your location on the maps, has nothing to do with your search or Nav history, so if you're not a latitude user and don't care about your friends knowing your most current location on the map at all times, you won't be affcted. Also, Google now stays unaffected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38