iPhone not recieving HTC's text messages

Urbanfox

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My wife's HTC One doesn't seem to be sending text messages to her friend's iPhone 5. Both phones are with AT&T and I can confirm the friend has tried imessage on and off to no avail. My wife can text other iPhone's fine, but this particular one won't receive them. Any tips?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife's HTC One doesn't seem to be sending text messages to her friend's iPhone 5. Both phones are with AT&T and I can confirm the friend has tried imessage on and off to no avail. My wife can text other iPhone's fine, but this particular one won't receive them. Any tips?

Just curious but can the iPhone send messages to the One?

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

I can't recall exactly since I'm not using an iPhone any longer but isn't there an option to turn of SMS in iMessage settings? If so, possible her friend is only using the iMessage functionality?

Carl Curniski

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
after switching from an iphone, most of my friends were having troubles sending messages to my new htc one because their phones were still trying to send imessages. The quickest and easiest solution i found was getting them to type a message and then hold the send button for two or three seconds until it either flashed or changed colors (i cant remember). I seem to remember that that was a way to eliminate imessages from being sent to certain contacts

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't receiving texts from friends with iPhones either and I figured out that they were all being delivered to my ipad as iMessages. I turned off the iMessage feature on my ipad and now their texts are coming through to my HTC.

Urbanfox

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
To reiterate the problem, she can recieve texts from anyone fine, but she can't send texts to this one particular iPhone.

Just curious but can the iPhone send messages to the One?

Yes, it can.

after switching from an iphone, most of my friends were having troubles sending messages to my new htc one because their phones were still trying to send imessages. The quickest and easiest solution i found was getting them to type a message and then hold the send button for two or three seconds until it either flashed or changed colors (i cant remember). I seem to remember that that was a way to eliminate imessages from being sent to certain contacts

I can't recall exactly since I'm not using an iPhone any longer but isn't there an option to turn of SMS in iMessage settings? If so, possible her friend is only using the iMessage functionality?

We tried it with her iMessage completely off, same problem.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To reiterate the problem, she can recieve texts from anyone fine, but she can't send texts to this one particular iPhone.

Yes, it can.

We tried it with her iMessage completely off, same problem.

This sounds like a carrier issue. She can receive texts from that iPhone but when sending that iPhone doesn't receive.. Very odd.

I'd check with the carrier if you all could go to the store... A phone shouldn't just not send to 1 number. Does the HTC One show it as sent but the iPhone doesn't show it at all? That would be your proof it's the network instead of the phone.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Mark Grote

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. There seems to be an issue between Android/HTC One and certain iPhones. I notice two issues.

INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES: There are some iPhone users that I communicate with where everything works just fine. Other times, receiving 1-1 messages, ocassionally certain iPhone messages come thru to me only as a message header 'from, subject, date, time,' etc, and the word "download" and an arrow graphic. I click these but the messages never download.

GROUP MESSAGES: There are some iPhone users who can text to me within in Group thread, but my replies are received as blanks messages on their end. I can send individual messages to certain members of the group and those messages work fine. Troubleshooting this issues, I started a new thread with the same people to see what would happen, and messages are sent as blanks once again. NOTE: What's most maddening about this is that at one time I could communicate in group threads with all these same iPhone users, suddenly now I can't.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jose Rovira

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife was having the same issue with all her friends (who all have iphones). Especially when trying to send pics of our son. All the incoming messages would be "downloading." Outgoing messages were usually blank if a picture was sent. I checked all the settings and everything seemed fine. We have TMO BTW. The only fix I found was using Hangouts for text messaging. That works flawlessly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non