HTC One - Screen Brightness Bug

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
This bug is easy to replicate whether auto brightness is activated or not.

When the brightness setting is set at any level below full brightness and I open the camera app then back out of it, the screen autonomously sets itself to brightest setting. However the bars on the widget still show it at low level. I must press the widget to adjust brightness up to full bars, although the screen is already at full brightness, and cycle through back down to the lower setting at which it should remain after backing out if camera app.

Anyone else notice this?

Posted via Android Central App

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this too. But the auto brightness kicks in and correctly adjusts the brightness within 1 - 2 seconds. So it is a non-issue for me.

BTW, I've noticed this same behavior with other Android phones also...

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine gets very bright too but gradually backs down to normal a few seconds after.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not a bug. When taking photos, the screen automatically adjusts to full brightness to ensure the best possible photo opp by making sure you see everything you're shooting clearly. One of my favorite features.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not a bug. When taking photos, the screen automatically adjusts to full brightness to ensure the best possible photo opp by making sure you see everything you're shooting clearly. One of my favorite features.

That was exactly what I was about to post. I think it is a great feature, but should be optional. In those occasions when you are taking lots of photos/video, it can help drain the battery faster.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I figured this out pretty quickly and it's certainly been one of my favourite features in the camera app. It's saved me on more then one occasion when shooting in bright daylight when I don't have time to upgrade my brightness.

Sent from my HTC One :)

Liju vj

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
But this feature is not that good for me. cuz of this my battery is draining so fast. This feature is good but I wish they could make it optional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty