Blinkfeed Question

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Let's stick to the topic, which is the annoying, un-removable blue boxes! :p

It feels like I've seen over a hundred of these and they just keep coming... wouldn't surprise me if HTC is constantly releasing new ones.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Let's stick to the topic, which is the annoying, un-removable blue boxes! :p

It feels like I've seen over a hundred of these and they just keep coming... wouldn't surprise me if HTC is constantly releasing new ones.

No idea.... I saw them the first day, went through choosing my sources and never saw them again.

Wonder if not having a specific source leaves them on there? I don't have a Twitter acct but I do have FB set up...

Posted via Android Central App

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I went to Tips & Help in Accounts & Sync and un-ticked all the options. After a few days the boxes in Blinkfeed went away.

Posted via Android Central App

litig8or98

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Blinkfeed seems to be pretty random, in my experience. I've been trying to figure out the methodology to it, but just can't. For instance, some have suggested that unticking the options helps these Tips and Tricks go away after a few days. Why after a few days...shouldn't it be immediate.

Another issue I can't figure out is why it shows me my calendar appointments from a day or two ago, and yet only rarely shows the upcoming appointment? Makes no sense (Sense?). Perhaps there's simply a delay in Blinkfeed, and it sometimes has trouble "keeping up" with changes.

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Blinkfeed seems to be pretty random, in my experience. I've been trying to figure out the methodology to it, but just can't. For instance, some have suggested that unticking the options helps these Tips and Tricks go away after a few days. Why after a few days...shouldn't it be immediate.

Another issue I can't figure out is why it shows me my calendar appointments from a day or two ago, and yet only rarely shows the upcoming appointment? Makes no sense (Sense?). Perhaps there's simply a delay in Blinkfeed, and it sometimes has trouble "keeping up" with changes.

None of these solutions have worked for me. It's definitely not a delay issue. I've researched this for almost a month and nobody has really been able to provide an actual tried and true solution to get rid of these blue boxes so I just gave up and have accepted it. I simply think HTC made now way to remove them from Blinkfeed.

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I called HTC and we literally spent over an hour on the issue.

We tried everything from playing with the phone settings, to the blinkfeed content settings, to wiping the cache partition, to even messing with the phones "hidden" settings that a special booting technique which I won't mention because I don't want people accidentally resetting their phones. Heck the rep I was dealing with even got their programmers involved in trying to figure it out.

After all of this, the only conclusion they could give me was to just leave it alone and after a while it should "go away" (even though I've had the phone for 2 months) LOL. By this point I was too exhausted to tell them the "leave it alone" strategy would not work, so I think the real answer is there is simply no way to remove these. Having said that, I'm still glad I went through every possible option to come to that conclusion.

Alex Berry

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Remembered how to get rid of tips and helps after update, first you need to go in to accounts and sync, choose tips and help, then untick sync schedule and refresh options, step two you need to go to manage apps, go to installed and find tips and help, then force stop and clear data, finally drag blinkfeed down to refresh and it's gone :)

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Remembered how to get rid of tips and helps after update, first you need to go in to accounts and sync, choose tips and help, then untick sync schedule and refresh options, step two you need to go to manage apps, go to installed and find tips and help, then force stop and clear data, finally drag blinkfeed down to refresh and it's gone :)

Holy crap... I reluctantly tried this without much optimism and IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!

Thanks so much man.... you figured out the million dollar question that HTC itself couldn't answer! Someone give this man a gold star! :)

sharks

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK, first, i want to thank Alex Berry for providing the solution but here's some other things that i think need pointing out.
1. In the explanation above, for the step two, you go to Settings > Apps >Swipe twice to the right to see ALL and then scroll downwards to find the Tips and Help.
2. There is still the presence of Getting Started in Blinkfeed (Tips & Help used to be there, but it's gone now) so you have to follow the same procedure as above (stop the process called HTC Get Started), to completely get rid of those big blue help/tips boxes cluttering Blinkfeed.

Also, you should restart your phone, in case the changes don't appear immediately.

Cheers!

photogresmo

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You can disable "HTC News plug in" in Settings - Apps, that will live your Blinkfeed with black screen, now you can enable Twitter and Flickr (not part of "News" plug in) to populate Blinkfeed with Twitter feeds and pics from Flickr.

xfinite

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys I tried to remove the 'Get Started' blue boxes using the same methods to remove but each time i restart, the 'Get Started' boxes reappear.

Any encountered similar experiences?

incinerate2007

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Damn it, ANdroid 4.3 update has re-added the "Tips and Help" blue boxes in blinkfeed, and alex's trick above doesn't work anymore...

Anyone have a solution?