HTC One bug - does this happen to you?

ir2270

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I bought a HTC one yesterday, but i have been noticing some strange slowdowns and bugs. When im playing youtube videos in HD in the youtube app, the audio seems to crack once in a while + i seem to notice occasional frame drops. Also, when holding the device in portraite mode and scrolling through comments in the youtube app and playing HD video, the scrolling seem very slow and if i drag down notifications, it does it at half speed. It should be noted, that when playing videos in HQ, the scrolling through comments, and drag down of notifications, are as smooth as ever.
I never had this problem with my gs3, that is why i find it odd.

I also have been noticing slow ui respones in the camera interface, but i do not know if that is normal?

so i would like to ask my fellow HTC One owners if this happens with your HTC Ones, or if there is something wrong with my One?
Thanks in advance guys.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I bought a HTC one yesterday, but i have been noticing some strange slowdowns and bugs. When im playing youtube videos in HD in the youtube app, the audio seems to crack once in a while + i seem to notice occasional frame drops. Also, when holding the device in portraite mode and scrolling through comments in the youtube app and playing HD video, the scrolling seem very slow and if i drag down notifications, it does it at half speed. It should be noted, that when playing videos in HQ, the scrolling through comments, and drag down of notifications, are as smooth as ever.
I never had this problem with my gs3, that is why i find it odd.

I also have been noticing slow ui respones in the camera interface, but i do not know if that is normal?

so i would like to ask my fellow HTC One owners if this happens with your HTC Ones, or if there is something wrong with my One?
Thanks in advance guys.

Youtube stuff is a known bug. I do not have any issues whatsoever with my camera.
Hopefully for those of you who use Youtube a lot this is fixed with the 4.2 update.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know what you mean with YouTube. A few weeks ago I was trying out the One in Harvey Norman and decided to test out the speakers with a song from YouTube. As soon as it was playing, everything went slow and laggy, very noticeable when scrolling or pulling down the notifications. It worked fine on my Nexus 7.

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
YouTube is slow because those HD videos eat up the RAM, I suggest closing all your apps and running YouTube. After about 8 videos I notice the slow down, speaker shouldn't make that noise, I suggest exchange.

ir2270

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys for the quick responses. The YouTube slowdown seems to be software related then, and the cracking in the speakers seem to be hardware related.
I have also noticed some very strong heat problems. If I turn the device on and goes to the android central forums and read a thread for 5 minutes, it gets so hot, that it becomes uncomfortable to hold. I have read that turning on power savings mode should help, but only helps a little. Besides, shouldn't you be able to use the phone at optimal speeds?

Are you experiencing any heat problems?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Speaker popping/cracking is software related too as it happens only in the youtube app. They don't pop playing music, videos, and etc, from storage.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys for the quick responses. The YouTube slowdown seems to be software related then, and the cracking in the speakers seem to be hardware related.
I have also noticed some very strong heat problems. If I turn the device on and goes to the android central forums and read a thread for 5 minutes, it gets so hot, that it becomes uncomfortable to hold. I have read that turning on power savings mode should help, but only helps a little. Besides, shouldn't you be able to use the phone at optimal speeds?

Are you experiencing any heat problems?

If your with Sprint, go into your network settings and change it to automatic from cdma/lte. Sometimes the radio gets stuck looking for a signal that's not there causing it to heat up like a Florida summer day!