That front facing camera...

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL! Seriously, one of my favorite features of this phone, other than the typical things. So glad I decided to give the One another try after straying to the Note 2.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ya its a wide angle lens. Great picture and 2 people can get in the pic easily

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

How do I use it for anything practical? the iPhone has facetime I can make video calls with, can I do something like that with this?

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Android really needs some sort of universal video call feature like Apple has.
Except Apple's "universal" video call feature can only call... Other Apple devices. Not very universal, is it? Hangouts is on Android, iOS, and the web. Skype has apps on damn near every platform. Too me those are far more "universal" solutions than FaceTime.

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Even 3! I've taken numerous group shots with 3 of us in the pic, and we always fit in easily with room to spare...the countdown feature is also good

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The FFC in the One can shoot 4-5 people easily if you have long arms like me. I don't normally take photos with a front camera, but when I had the HTC 8X I loved its wide-angle FCC, which is very similar to the camera on the One. It also had a countdown before taking the shot.

When you do take pics with it you will love how good group shots or pics with your couple come out. Since the 8X I've said that wide-angle FCCs should be a standard on all phones. HTC at least has us covered :)

Here's one I took a month ago in a rock festival with the 8X before buying the One. I have taken 2 or 3 photos with the One's FCC but they really were just test shots. I've yet to take a group (at least 4-5 people) shot to see how we fit in with it.

Attachments

• 971989_10151588693547440_1636781352_n.jpg
    971989_10151588693547440_1636781352_n.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 22

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Android really needs some sort of universal video call feature like Apple has.

Except Apple's "universal" video call feature can only call... Other Apple devices. Not very universal, is it? Hangouts is on Android, iOS, and the web. Skype has apps on damn near every platform. Too me those are far more "universal" solutions than FaceTime.

Agreed. It is exclusive not universal.. All your friends and family need a iPhone as well to do it... Google +, hangout, Skype etc. Works on multiple devices... I call that way more universal.

Much easier to tell a family member to grab an app then.. Hey go buy the same phone as me so we can do this one function!

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I took pictures of my wife and myself recently and I am quite impressed with the front camera on my one.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree! I love taking pictures with it, except at night, of course. It's definitely the best front camera I have tried on the smartphones that I have used before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer