Nice Little Surprise!

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Back in June there where quite a few posts regarding the $25 Google Play Store Credit. The offer basically stated that if you purchased a One between 6/14/13 - 7/30/13 and entered the phone's serial # along with an email address on the following site you would get an email with a code to redeem a $25 credit for the Play Store (subject to available supplies).

Let me give you a little history on my $25 Play Store credit experience. First of all I purchased my phone on May 7 so I should have been ineligible from jump street because I was not within the stated purchase window. Regardless I entered my info anyway thinking it was a shot in the dark at best. I did this sometime around the middle of June. Not to my surprise I heard nothing back from HTC which is exactly what I expected but I decided to enter my info one last time around the beginning of this month. Sure enough I received this email last night (I know it's hard to read but if you click the image it should enlarge enough to make it legible).

Too bad I didn't receive this before I bought the Chromecast :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-14-09-50-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-14-09-50-10.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 197

squarekid

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought my HTC One at the beginning of June and thought I was ineligible, but I figured it didn't hurt to fill out the form. I got the credit within a week of signing up so props to HTC for keeping their customers happy!

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing. I actually purchased my device during that time but I've never heard of that promotion before. Congratulations, by the way.

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I could have sworn it was posted here awhile back as well..Lots of people got the credit who bought the phones well before the time :p

I orginally found out about this on the XDA forums some time back before I was even thinking about getting the ONE.

I finall got a reply back on Tue evening. Still says several weeks. Same email the OP is showing. I orginall got my ONE on July 6 and went and registered that Sun. I was about ready to give up.
Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer.

Paul

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know about this. How did I not know about this? Anyways, I went to enter my information and was greeted with a server error upon submission.

Anyone else?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Back in June there where quite a few posts regarding the $25 Google Play Store Credit. The offer basically stated that if you purchased a One between 6/14/13 - 7/30/13 and entered the phone's serial # along with an email address on the following site you would get an email with a code to redeem a $25 credit for the Play Store (subject to available supplies).

Let me give you a little history on my $25 Play Store credit experience. First of all I purchased my phone on May 7 so I should have been ineligible from jump street because I was not within the stated purchase window. Regardless I entered my info anyway thinking it was a shot in the dark at best. I did this sometime around the middle of June. Not to my surprise I heard nothing back from HTC which is exactly what I expected but I decided to enter my info one last time around the beginning of this month. Sure enough I received this email last night (I know it's hard to read but if you click the image it should enlarge enough to make it legible).

Too bad I didn't receive this before I bought the Chromecast :D

To be honest, I'm not familiar with this specific promotion (I don't own an HTC One), but when I bought my original Nexus 7 I also received a $25 credit with that. It was not, however, eligible for purchases of devices or subscriptions -- in other words, it really only applied to app purchases (which was still fine by me!) -- so there's a good chance you would not have been able to get a chromecast with it anyway...but that's just speculation on my part.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know about this. How did I not know about this? Anyways, I went to enter my information and was greeted with a server error upon submission.

Anyone else?

I got that when I tried last night but had no problems a moment ago.

I bought mine back in May but figured, what the heck, its worth a shot.

Cheers!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Exactly..its worth the shot..thats just what I said to..few weeks later..bam..got my email :D..Good luck to those who try it!