HTC One - Post 4.3 Error Messages/Sound Issues

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Prior to updating to Android 4.3 I would always get the "com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly" error message following each restart. After updating to 4.3 that specific error message stopped appearing, however two new error messages have starting popping up post-update. These two new error messages seem to be related to a couple of other issues I am experiencing which are that I cannot change my ring-tones or notification sounds. When I attempt to do so in settings there is no response when I select (tap) either one to change the tone.

The reason I say they seem to be related is because both of the error messages appear when attempting to change sounds. The first occurs when I select "notification sound" for text messages from the settings tab in the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner of the "All Messages" screen. The second occurs when I try to change the tone for the alarm in the clock app. Basically at this point I cannot change any of the phone's sounds for ring-tone, notifications and alarms because I either get no response, as described above, or an error message. I did notice that I still have the ability to change tones within the gmail app.

Has anyone else experienced this subsequent to the Android 4.3 update? Any ideas how to fix this? A simple restart did not correct the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-13-12-31-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-12-31-22.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2013-10-13-12-33-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-12-33-58.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 9

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Prior to updating to Android 4.3 I would always get the "com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly" error message following each restart. After updating to 4.3 that specific error message stopped appearing, however two new error messages have starting popping up post-update. These two new error messages seem to be related to a couple of other issues I am experiencing which are that I cannot change my ring-tones or notification sounds. When I attempt to do so in settings there is no response when I select (tap) either one to change the tone.

The reason I say they seem to be related is because both of the error messages appear when attempting to change sounds. The first occurs when I select "notification sound" for text messages from the settings tab in the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner of the "All Messages" screen. The second occurs when I try to change the tone for the alarm in the clock app. Basically at this point I cannot change any of the phone's sounds for ring-tone, notifications and alarms because I either get no response, as described above, or an error message. I did notice that I still have the ability to change tones within the gmail app.

Has anyone else experienced this subsequent to the Android 4.3 update? Any ideas how to fix this? A simple restart did not correct the problem.

Well have you tried starting from scratch? A hard reset might do the trick, if you were getting errors before and then you updated, then maybe a hard reset might do the trick, if it doesnt work you could always try reflashing the software.