I'm finding Sense 6 very hard to read: any other good fonts available?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Why must everyone try to copy Apple?
Apples most recent change to bright colors and super-low contrast screens was in my opinion, a horrible design choice.
And apparently, HTC has now followed suit (when previously, I so respected them for coming up with their own original GUI)
There is no contrast anymore, its all gray gradients and its difficult to distinguish items from one another on the screen.
So basic, non-bright color schemes would have been welcome. Overall, just hard to read with a flat one-dimensional UI.

Has anyone found a font that they like that maybe comes in bold-face?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Why must everyone try to copy Apple?
Apples most recent change to bright colors and super-low contrast screens was in my opinion, a horrible design choice.
And apparently, HTC has now followed suit (when previously, I so respected them for coming up with their own original GUI)
There is no contrast anymore, its all gray gradients and its difficult to distinguish items from one another on the screen.
So basic, non-bright color schemes would have been welcome. Overall, just hard to read with a flat one-dimensional UI.

Has anyone found a font that they like that maybe comes in bold-face?

Under display settings, you can change font style and size. Does that work for you?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Under display settings, you can change font style and size. Does that work for you?

The problme is the coloring...or the lack thereof.

For example, when looking at my SMS screen the names are a light gray color, as opposed to black.
Actually, none of the fonts are really solid black anymore.

The light gray against the stark white background provides very little contrast and hence difficult reading.