Anyone get wireless charging to work with M8?

srparr

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I see there are qi wireless receivers available ... has anyone been successful with using one with an M8? What about thru a case? I'm using the dot view case, and would love to know what to get if someone else has gone down this path!

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I recently watched a video showing how it works (can't find the video now.) Just attach a micro-usb wireless receiver, tape it to the back of the phone, slap case on the phone, and place it on the wireless charging dock. The only problem I can see is that I would need to buy several charging docks.

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
The receiver would have to be on the back of the phone since it isn't removable. So it should work unless your case is metal.
No, the qi wireless receiver for S5 is removable, because it didn't come with the phone at first. And can charge with case or plastic battery cover directly.

srparr

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I searched around on Amazon, and there are a few different ones available. While most will no doubt work with the M8 (if the right connector type is chosen), this one (Amazon.com: Type B Micro USB Qi Wireless Universal Kr-net Charger Pad Receiver Coil For Smartphone: Cell Phones & Accessories) had the highest output.

When I went finalize the order, the delivery time is 17-28 days ... so I cancelled the order and will search again in a couple weeks. Maybe by then someone can verify if it is too thick to use with the dot view case.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I searched around on Amazon, and there are a few different ones available. While most will no doubt work with the M8 (if the right connector type is chosen), this one (Amazon.com: Type B Micro USB Qi Wireless Universal Kr-net Charger Pad Receiver Coil For Smartphone: Cell Phones & Accessories) had the highest output.

When I went finalize the order, the delivery time is 17-28 days ... so I cancelled the order and will search again in a couple weeks. Maybe by then someone can verify if it is too thick to use with the dot view case.

There have been reports on other forums where people with the Dot View case have said that these receivers are slightly too thick for use with any of the HTC flip covers. Seems to make it just thick enough so that the flap doesn't stay closed.

I was using a receiver for a little while, but eventually just took it out. I have a semi-transparent thin case now and am not too fond of having a black rectangle on the back of the phone. It works reasonably well, but it is finicky if using a thicker case (such as the Slim Armor from Spigen) and I had notifications of slow charging, as well as triggering HTC Sync.

EDIT: THIS is the one that I bought. I also got a center-aligned one for a friend which works just as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez