Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Where you live?
Maybe Att is a better suit for you....
Now, go empty your pockets lololol

Posted via Android Central App

Even if it's more expensive there is no reason to patronize him for it. Just because Sprint works for you in your area doesn't mean it works for him.

Carriers are extremely area dependent.. There is no one carrier that suits everyone.

Not getting calls when in either mode is a huge problem that I wouldnt accept from any carrier since that is the first thing a phone should do.. Is call people..

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Cleaned up some posts. Please keep things civil

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If eCSFB wasn't in his area, he wouldn't get LTE at all with the new phones....

I think if eCSFB wasn't in his area, he wouldn't get phone calls while on LTE. The system cannot fall back to CDMA to send the call through....

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think if eCSFB wasn't in his area, he wouldn't get phone calls while on LTE. The system cannot fall back to CDMA to send the call through....

Nope, If eCSFB isn't available, the phone would just stay in constant CDMA mode.
Happened to me when I visited TN a month ago....sucks. My wife had LTE on her GS3, and I was stuck on 3G on my Nexus 5.

mlte

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
After two sprint tech, it was suggested that I switch off LTE, use only CDMA until issue is resolved. Issue not even on their radar.

mlte

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one (m8) problem / malfunction

I did not even know that I was not getting calls in until someone mentioned why I was not retuning calls. I would assume that for some owners, this would be the case. Sending mine back before the 14 day period.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Based on what ive read and what others are saying, its not necessarily a handset issue. Seems like the network is not routing calls properly.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read all the respinses; however, when I activated my phone it took a couple hours for it to start receiving signals.

First it got phone capabilities and then it finally received a data connection within a couple (2-3 hours) after initial activation at best buy.

Maybe your phone started working with a better connection cause it could properly sync to be approved by the network

Posted via the One successor to the One

jaydeew

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am still not receiving calls when LTE/CDMA mode is turned on in certain areas. A work around is to change preferred network to CMDA Only, but if you forget it is pretty annoying. Don't know if I am going to return it or what, kind of hoping they can release a software patch to try and fix it.

kkwus74

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am still not receiving calls when LTE/CDMA mode is turned on in certain areas. A work around is to change preferred network to CMDA Only, but if you forget it is pretty annoying. Don't know if I am going to return it or what, kind of hoping they can release a software patch to try and fix it.

I'm exactly in the same boat as you and called sprint like 1000+ times oready and obviously they don't know what I'm talking about . To be honest I'm not sure if it's a software issue or the towers here have not been upgraded for tri band devices

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site
TBH, I think it's a software issue and something Sprint needs to kink out and fast.

Have you updated to the latest software update? I can recommend trying to reset your profile as well. You can do that by pressing ##SCRTN# (##72786#) in the keypad. Next tap Menu and then Reset. At the warning, select OK. This will clear the phone's internal programming (mostly your profile w/their network) but will not erase your contacts or pictures or files stored on it. Let it update and it might signify to reactivate, just let the phone do it's thing & reconnect to their network.

kkwus74

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I've done all of that, even a few times lol. It's weird that when I switch to CDMA/lte , I'll get calls and text for while and the gone , no more calls and text . But if I switch to CDMA only I have totally no issues

Don't think it has anything to do with a so called Weak LTE signal as it shows 1 bar for me but I'm getting -85 db so the lTE signal is strong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana