SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for those experts out there my blink feed has been disabled and it still uses battery power when I check battery status.
am i doing any harm to other applications when I disable this particular app can I uninstall the app all together
please forgive my horrible grammar and run on sentences I am speaking this while driving home from work

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for those experts out there my blink feed has been disabled and it still uses battery power when I check battery status.
am i doing any harm to other applications when I disable this particular app can I uninstall the app all together
please forgive my horrible grammar and run on sentences I am speaking this while driving home from work

Do not text and drive!

Are you rooted or no? If you are, use TB to freeze it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
. I don't think you are going to negatively affect other apps. I do not think you can uninstall unless you were to root your phone and install a custom rom with blinkfeed removed. Short of that disabling the app is all you can do.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Go to your app manager and swipe to running, tap the menu dots in the upper right hand corner and select show cache processes. You will probably see HTC Blinkfeed listed. Stop that process

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
uhe3upe5.jpg

There is an HTC app running, that must be it. I stopped it.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
No that's not it. Not the HTC Service Pack, Did you tap the menu dots in the upper right hand corner. And select show cache processes? You should see HTC Blinkfeed

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Select HTC Blinkfeed cached background process. It should give you the option to stop the process.

SocratesRising

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did, I pressed stop. Will it just start running again every time I restart the phone for example or am I done messing with it until I restart? Thanks for all the help btw!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome. I am not sure. I don't think it'll automatically start with a reboot, but there's one way to find out reboot and check

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress