Any good launchers for the HTC M8?

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I had asked a question here but it was a stupid one till from that I got a non stupid question. I searched for "best apps for the m8" and got a good search including a way to improve the m8, one being a 3rd party launcher. So any good one? One that won't be hard to get used to. Also any stock widgets lost when switching launchers?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Lots of good launchers out there. Try Nova and Apex, which more or less keep the stock Android look. More radical launchers include Yahoo's Aviate and Atom Launcher.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I had asked a question here but it was a stupid one till from that I got a non stupid question. I searched for "best apps for the m8" and got a good search including a way to improve the m8, one being a 3rd party launcher. So any good one? One that won't be hard to get used to. Also any stock widgets lost when switching launchers?

There are threads spread throughout this forum discussing alternative launchers. Two of the most popular alternatives to the default Sense 6 seem to be Google Now and Nova Launcher.

You can read further about them in the threads linked below:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...a-launcher-action-etc-instead-sense6-why.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/378117-anybody-try-google-now-launcher-their-m8.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/420503-google-now-launcher-htc-one-m8.html

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I personally like Aviate
It's a different way of organizing things, but it makes sense and works really well

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion and should of mentioned that I know switching launchers means no blinkfeed which I don't always use but do use at times

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I used smart launcher for a bit. You have to pay for it in order to get access to widgets, but those widgets are not available on your "home screen". You have to switch to another panel to use them. That was a deal breaker for me. The purpose of a widget for me is quick access. But the overall look and organization of smart launcher was nice.

I got smart launcher and got used to one home screen but doesn't have widgets, don't know about paid version

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I used smart launcher for a bit. You have to pay for it in order to get access to widgets, but those widgets are not available on your "home screen". You have to switch to another panel to use them. That was a deal breaker for me. The purpose of a widget for me is quick access. But the overall look and organization of smart launcher was nice.
If paying for the launcher doesn't seem appealing download Google Opinion Rewards. Answer a few surveys and make Play money and the app will be free.

I use Nova, had Prime for years. For the person that commented about losing Blinkfeed there was a post about using gestures and setting up the up swipe and it switches to BlinkFeed. I have my phone set up this way and if you are interested let me and when I sober up I can try and describe the steps to get it done. From my Nova home screen I can swipe up and switch to BlinkFeed or swipe up from the very bottom and pull up the Google launcher. It's the best of 3 worlds!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith