Why hasn't my HTC M8 gotten the update yet?

A

AC Question

htc m8 didnt get any update yet

hello, i have bought htc m8 and i have been using it for 4 months now.. still i didnt get lollipop update or any update from htc yet. my phone is unlocked and software num. is " 3.36.401.4 " and im still running kitkat.. i know there are issues with lollipop but still i want to get the update. as i remember my CID is J15. when i contacted service they told me to wait and i know waiting wont help. please someone help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: htc m8 didnt get any update yet

Welcome to Android Central! Did you get it directly from a carrier, or unlocked from somewhere else? Do you know if your version is carrier-specific (i.e., sold directly by a wireless company) or if it's an unlocked international model? If it's carrier-specific, the phone has to be on that carrier in order to get the update (and the update has to be available through that carrier--some carriers are worse than others when it comes to offering system updates in a timely manner).

sawsslm

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: htc m8 didnt get any update yet

its unlocked from a phone shop.. and its unlocked international model.. the phone region is Egypt. i have looked for a RUU for it but didnt find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty