How to turn my European HTC One to a Thai HTC One?

sam.z

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a new HTC One (M7) in Switzerland for a Thai friend. When I turn on the phone, I can select a language in the list of the pull-down menu. The Thai language is missing in this list and I would to add this language.

1. Can I get the Thai language if I flash the phone with a firmware using ODIN?

2.a Which firmware should I use to get the Thai language, and where to download it? I would like to use the HTC official firmware, this one pre-installed in HTC One sold in Thailand.
2.b Same question for the Samsung Galaxy S4.

3. If I understood the guide below, a hard-reset* will not reset the phone to the original HTC firmware pre-installed on the phone when I bought it. Isn't it?

* After flashing the phone with another firmware.

What Is Meant By Firmware, Stock & Custom ROMs And Flashing [Guide]

Thanks in advance and regards.

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a new HTC One (M7) in Switzerland for a Thai friend. When I turn on the phone, I can select a language in the list of the pull-down menu. The Thai language is missing in this list and I would to add this language.

1. Can I get the Thai language if I flash the phone with a firmware using ODIN?

2.a Which firmware should I use to get the Thai language, and where to download it? I would like to use the HTC official firmware, this one pre-installed in HTC One sold in Thailand.
2.b Same question for the Samsung Galaxy S4.

3. If I understood the guide below, a hard-reset* will not reset the phone to the original HTC firmware pre-installed on the phone when I bought it. Isn't it?

* After flashing the phone with another firmware.

What Is Meant By Firmware, Stock & Custom ROMs And Flashing [Guide]

Thanks in advance and regards.
1. Odin is a program for Samsung phones, not HTC...but in any case, you can't flash incompatible firmware as that can lead to a bricked device.
2. See above
3. A hard reset will only power cycle the device (Holding power button until it turns off and back on). A factory reset is what will return your phone to stock settings :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19