4.0.4 update *confused

crigga84

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Very confused. Today I was in a Carphone Warehouse phone shop (in the UK). When I tried doing an update for the HTC One S, it say it had the 4.0.4 update and HTC Sense 4.1 available.

When I got home, my HTC One S has no update. Still on 4.0.3. My phone is sim-free, and I certain the one in the store is also sim-free because all there phones are.

Why is this? :-[

wellard

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I've got an Orange branded One S and Orange state there's an update available on their support page. I've tried manual updates and the *#*#2432546#*#* code which confirms it's checking in to the servers but I get nothing. Called Orange and they said call HTC as they push the software OTA. Called HTC they said it's Orange that broadcast the software as it's Orange branded but offered a repair to update it :eek:

I just want Orange to confirm if it's actually been released yet but no one seems to know as they just check the website and read it back to me.

So if you're not getting it on your unbranded phone god knows when I'll get it. Please post here if/when you do receive the update, thanks.

crigga84

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
HTC on Twitter states that it has been released, but it comes out in waves so might not be out for everyone yet. Might need to wait a bit :(

mattpga

May 4, 2012
Visit site
i tried asking orange today after seeing the support page but they made no sense, they never do. sounds like its not being pushed out yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64