HTC One S - Viber problem

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Viber problem

@Sriram Rajagopalan -
Are you using the latest version of Viber, 2.3.6?
If so, try uninstalling Viber, rebooting your phone, then installing again (note that this will unfortunately cause your message history to be deleted).
Lastly, note that we're working on a major new update these days for Viber on Android, and we hope that ultimately, when released, this will help the problems you're describing.

@Jorge Rosales -
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Nataliacp2

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I have a similar problem with Viber 2.3.6. I installed it to my Samsung galaxy S2 and once installed it can't sinchronize my contacts and the following message appears: "this service is not available or it is blocked, try again later"

vestibul

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi
I am from Croatia and I'm having problem with viber app. I've never used viber before so I don't have old account that can cause this problem. I try to install viber app(2.3.6) on my galaxy S3 but I can't get the activation code via sms or call. I removed viber, waited 24 hours, install again but it's the same, can't get activation code. I try to contact my carrier (t-com) but they said that everything is ok on their side. I try to install older versions of viber but nothing happens.
Is it possible that you send me activation code via email? I know that that is not your policy because of privacy but I'm owner of my phone number :) and I just don't know what to do with this problem...

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Nataliacp2 -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@vestibul -

Our code delivery mechanism is completely automated, and so unfortunately there is no way to manually send the code via other ways (such as email).
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Gallex

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Also have issues on GS3. Random phone lock, crashes, phone freeze. Removed Viber and phone work like supposed to work.
Android 4.1
Viber 2.3.6

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Also have issues on GS3. Random phone lock, crashes, phone freeze. Removed Viber and phone work like supposed to work.
Android 4.1
Viber 2.3.6

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Klonimous

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi there

I have a Galaxy S2. Often when I get an sms I get a notifaction from Viber as well, even when the message isn't sent from viber.

How can I stop this?

Thanks

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi there

I have a Galaxy S2. Often when I get an sms I get a notifaction from Viber as well, even when the message isn't sent from viber.

How can I stop this?

Thanks

Hi,
In order to disable this feature, you should go to Viber's "More" tab, the Settings. There, make sure to turn off "Free reply with Viber"
This should do the trick :)

prabhleen

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I have similar issues with viber...it crashes in middlE of a call, it hangs up while still in call like it shows your connected but there is no voice, also when trying to end call it jus crashes...it is sooo frustrating...i have tried force stop, reboot, reinstall everything but no success...using htc one s..please give me a solid solution

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I have similar issues with viber...it crashes in middlE of a call, it hangs up while still in call like it shows your connected but there is no voice, also when trying to end call it jus crashes...it is sooo frustrating...i have tried force stop, reboot, reinstall everything but no success...using htc one s..please give me a solid solution

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

dimiky

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same Viber issue. I download it from the play store fine, but when i try to get the text msg to register the black screen appears for a while and then back to main menu with no action. I have uninstalled, rebooted and downloaded several times using wifi and data pack. Using XOLO X900 with android ICS

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I am having the same Viber issue. I download it from the play store fine, but when i try to get the text msg to register the black screen appears for a while and then back to main menu with no action. I have uninstalled, rebooted and downloaded several times using wifi and data pack. Using XOLO X900 with android ICS

Hi,

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

Jason Liaw

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i have been using viber for 6 months now, i never encountered problem until recently, after the update...sigh...im samsung s3 user..i really need help...pls help me...my life depend on viber, im in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend...almost every time i uses viber, after ending the call, my phone restart....i also suffer from random freeze and crash. im a loyal user of viber...i hate to switch to wechat and tango albeit i dont suffer any issue with tango and wechat.......unfortunately in my phone, viber seems to be the only app which is malfunction..help me.....

also i did everything i could...i uninstall the app and reinstall it, damn i even made a factory reset of my phone...pls help me viber

Last edited by a moderator:

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

also i did everything i could...i uninstall the app and reinstall it, damn i even made a factory reset of my phone...pls help me viber

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

viber uninstalled on its own so i tried reinstalling it but I'm not getting the access code. this is frustrating

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23