Can I get some help with a charging problem with my HTC One?

A

AC Question

Charging problems with HTC one

I just bought a new HTC One mobile phone and it's already having charging problems. Even though I plug it in and it shows that it's charging, my battery gets deteriorating especially if the WIFI is on. When I off the WIFI the battery percentage goes up but very slowly. There are no apps in it yet. When the charge was full, I unplugged it from the charger and I didn't use it for hours and when I took it to use, the battery was 0%. Any help would be really helpful.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Charging problems with HTC one

Welcome.
You may have received a bad unit. It happens in mass produced items.
Take it back to your carrier for check out and replacement if not repairable.

Mav. :cool:

Prpeach

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Try a battery calibration on your device, you can do this by pressing and holding the volume up, down and power button at the same time for 2 minutes. The device needs to be plugged in and powered off(press the volume buttons first to avoid turning the device right on).. Then charge the device fully.. You can also contact htc tech support at 18664498358 and they may have other troubleshooting steps like the battery test(which needs to be performed when the device is 100% charged, in airplane mode and not connected to the charger. Press #*#*DIAG*#*# to enter the DIAG screen, select battery test. Run at the bottom. Takes about 60 mins